davey_d's profile
Community Admin

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

Mon, Oct 18, 2021 6:28 PM

A Brand New Forum is On the Way!

Hey all,

Those of you who are more active on the forum might have seen me teasing big changes coming, but it's time to make it official. Very soon we'll be rolling out a complete revamp, meaning a better, smarter, and dare I say, prettier forum is on the way.

What can you expect from  the all new SimpliSafe Community? We've got a few neat surprises in store, but don't worry, I can definitely tell you that an actual search function is on the list, as well as proper text formatting, and a mobile-friendly layout. I'll be posting a more in-depth look when we're closer to launch.

These features will be launching next month, but this is just the beginning. We invested in a powerful platform that will help us continue to expand our capabilities, and we're really excited to see what we can do with it. And of course, this is all in service of helping our community grow and thrive. So if there's anything that you'd like to see in future versions, let us know here!

Captain

• 

4.6K Messages

Il y a 10 m

@Davey D. great start!!  A new area will fit nicely in a larger, more encompasing Customer Resource Center. (CRC).

Onlne chat between customers
Online support chat
System configuration tool (with download capability)
Remote Diagnostics (Video calls) between support agent and customer
Software log with features, bugs and version control
Help Center (exists)
 -Separte video library with how to, troubleshooting and other topics
Customer Request Submission and list
Onliine Webinars with SS Mgt, Product Mgt, Support with customers
And the list goes on....

Advocate

• 

417 Messages

Il y a 10 m

@DD,

What is going to happen to the old forums and its content? Ideally you can  import into your new forums (even if it's in its own section, listed as archive or whatever) and have it indexed for search. If that's not possible please consider leave it up in its current form, set to read only, with giant warnings all of it that it's read only, so we can still access it if needed.

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

Il y a 9 m

All I'd want from this forum is:

Archiving.  There is valuable information already here, as well as some incredibly funny and meaningful banter among users.

The elusive search function.

Ability to contact other members, if there is a profile of sort, and if said members opted to allow to be contacted.  But not private messaging, because private messaging on a company's forum is not private.

Having Davey sounds nice, (here's a warm welcome from one of your forum members:) , but don't let burn-out get to you, and keep Johnny and Harriett too (hopefully they haven't suffered burn-out).

And, if you've read my latest post... One login, no authentication necessary for a forum.

I'm probably asking for too much already.  Oh wait, Captain's list is bigger!

Advocate

• 

635 Messages

@coltmaster1

Long time no see. I hope all is well!

(P.S. Johnny M. is Davey D. I am not sure if that is supposed to be a secret or not? ;-)

Captain

• 

4.6K Messages

Il y a 9 m

Ah, the band is getting back together. Shiherlis, coltmaster1, sevensiamesecats and even hondaman88 is back! My apologies if I left anyone out, a very happy, safe Thanksgiving to all!

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

Il y a 9 m

Aww, thanks Shiherlis, hope all is well with you as well!  

Captain, where's our sloshed spheniscidae?  (aka drunkpenguin aka deleteme) - I'm sure he'd be thrilled to hear I miss him too :)

Captain

• 

4.6K Messages

@coltmaster1  unknown. Have not heard or seen him post in quite some time. Hope he is okay.

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

Il y a 9 m

Shiherlis, wow, I've really been out of the loop, but if that's the case, all is good (re Davey/Johnny) !

Advocate

• 

417 Messages

Il y a 9 m

Any ETA on this? You said "very soon" and "couple of months" (which, frankly, mean very different things to me) and I'm curious if that means "end of year"?

35 Messages

Il y a 6 m

Well in the context of the life of the universe, 50,000 years is very soon.  Its all a matter of perspective....

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

I am extremely happy that we were able to launch the new Community site much sooner than that. You're looking at the latest and greatest right now!