davey_d's profile
Community Admin

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

Tue, Oct 12, 2021 5:47 PM

SimpliSafe App no longer supports iOS12

Hi folks,

Just wanted to do a quick update to let you know that the SimpliSafe app is no longer supported on iOS12 or earlier. The app would still work on your device, so you'll still be able to log in and manage your account. But you'll no longer be able to get further updates for new features, improvements, and security fixes.
We strongly recommend, if you haven't already, that you update your phone to the latest version of iOS to continue using the app on your Apple device.

Here's Apple's support page to guide you through the update process.

For Android folks, the requirement on your side is still Android 7.0 (Nougat) or higher.

1 Message

6 m ago

The app would still work on your device, so you'll still be able to log in and manage your account. But you'll no longer be able to get further updates for new features, improvements, and security fixes.

That was correct for some time.  Sometime in the past 2 weeks, my iOS app will no longer login (the app showed a message about not having an internet connection, with an option to "Logout").  Now, when trying to log back in to the app, it won't complete the login (the login button just shows a spinning progress indicator when tapping the button).

Why the earlier version can't continue to login seems like an unnecessary decision.  I hope this can be resolved without forcing an upgrade of iOS or requiring me to purchase a new device.

We've been a monitoring customer for over 7 years.  First "real" issue we've experienced with SimpliSafe.

(edited)