System Firmware 2.1 (March 2021)
We've got a major update rolling out to all customers soon. Lots of updates under the hood, including performance and security improvements. But there's quite a few noticeable new features as well!
If you've never updated before, here's how:
- Make sure your system is connected to WiFi
- Check that an update is available by heading over to your Keypad and looking for a Gear icon
- Press the side of the screen where the Gear icon is, and follow the on-screen instructions
Here's what's coming in Update 2.1:
- Improvements to WiFi performance and stability, including compatibility fix for Arris brand routers.
- Your SimpliSafe system will now appear on your router's list of connected devices as "SimpliSafe", and no longer "Espressif".
- Revamped Firmware Update process for a smoother experience when updating in the future.
- "Check for Updates" feature will now immediately request to download the latest update, rather than just checking if it's available to install.
- Fixed an issue where the Base Station LED might stay lit up after ringing your Video Doorbell.
For Users with an Arris brand Router:
If you have an Arris WiFi router, you may of course not be able to connect your Base Station to that WiFi router, which is necessary to facilitate this firmware update. A possible workaround is to connect your Base Station to a different WiFi network temporarily, until the update is complete.
Should you need to take your Base Station to a different location, you'll only need to bring your Keypads with you. Your sensors and other components can remain in place - you might just get error messages from them while they are out of range.