M

Thu, Jan 16, 2020 4:48 PM

30% off individual components

Just received an email from SS offering 30% off additional components.  Nice way to start the new year SS.  Thank you.

221 Messages

3年前

I got the 30% email.  Shipping cost is high, but BB doesn't carry SS2 components, so not much choice for components I want with a warranty.  Decided to pick up a CO sensor to supplement a near-timed-out standalone sensor.  Also got a key fob cap. Coupon worked on the $1.99 cap too!  :)

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

3年前

Shiherlis, same here, have always been subscribed to emails, and have only received two at most.  Usually only emails regarding a purchase.  Also, my local Best Buy offers 1-hour pickup from online purchase (when in stock), so much easier than dealing with wondering if purchase will actually ship from SS, lol.

simplistuckon, Best Buy does sell the components, except for the smoke detectors, CO detectors, keypads and extra magnets.  Also note, SS has said (in a post buried here somewhere) they will honor the 3-year warranty on products purchased at their "partner" retailers, and told us currently, those are (but would not divulge others if applicable):  Best Buy, Amazon, QVC, Target, Walmart, Costco, Sams Club and Woot.   Just remember, if you purchase from Best Buy, example, they only have a 14-day return policy I think.

Advocate

• 

638 Messages

Also, my local Best Buy offers 1-hour pickup from online purchase (when in stock), so much easier than dealing with wondering if purchase will actually ship from SS, lol.

And that is the issue, lol. I have purchased a lot of extra sensors, and all have been directly from SimpliSafe. But the packaging went from protective boxes to padded envelopes and paying for Priority Mail only to have the items sit for days before shipping.

I am not trying to badmouth SimpliSafe, but if I can get the same components quicker, cheaper (even with the discount they are currently offering, but never provided me), AND the warranty still applies, I am going with Best Buy as it is the wiser buy.

;-)

171 Messages

3年前

Best Buy has a 15 day return period, unless you have Elite or Elite Plus status, then returns are 30 days.

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

3年前

^  ride525, thanks for that.

221 Messages

3年前

Coltmaster, BB doesn't sell SS2 components.  Unless they've purposely hidden them well on their website.  In which case I'd appreciate a link!

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

3年前

^ Exactly, I don't care for the envelopes, damage in shipping is probable - and the last experience I had with an order for sensors was not a good one.

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

3年前

simplistuckon, No, BB isn't selling SS2 components, my guess is because SS isn't promoting SS2 - and only time will tell how long they'll support it and how long components will be in circulation to purchase.

15 Messages

3年前

Best Buy has the smart lock at $99.99.. same as simplisafe without the discount.
If I was to get 2 smart locks, and a water sensor, the total with shipping is about $165... I am not seeing how BB is cheaper even with the discount and shipping. Am I missing something?

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

3年前

^ Shipping - BestBuy has free shipping.  So even with SS's email discount, you still have to pay shipping, which takes the overall price back up - as opposed to BestBuy's regular price + free shipping.  Plus, BestBuy often has simplicams at half-off (at least it did during T-Day and through Xmas), and not sure about the video doorbell, but Costco had it on sale a few times when SS did not.

15 Messages

3年前

I guess it depends on the discount you get with SS. At 30% off it is still a big savings.. around $50 including the SS shipping fee.

Advocate

• 

638 Messages

3年前

It depends upon the components and sensors ordered.

In the scenario you presented, I would save $44.19 - which is worth it.

But for example, I can beat SimpliSafe's 30% by $2.16 at Best Buy's regular price for three sensors I want to add. The difference being I can pick up the components I need within the hour. For a couple of dollars more (though not the main point), I get to wait for 4-5 business days (U.S.P.S.) minimum (SimpliSafe usually holds orders before shipping), and risk damaged products due to cheap packaging.

The above regarding shipping was not always the case but is the norm presently. In my scenario, I would instead go with Best Buy (which is 0.6 miles away).

15 Messages

3年前

I placed my order with the code I got in my email but my invoice and order in my account doesn't show the discount applied as it was shown in my cart at checkout. Been on hold for over 20 minutes, and they're about to close. Pretty annoying.
I cannot find a way to cancel my order so I can just resubmit and not have to sit on hold and see if a person can cancel it so I can resubmit, or adjust my total to reflect the discount I was supposed to get.  
I guess I will call back tomorrow and sit on hold forever again..........

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

3年前

^ I hate to say it, but they've been screwing up a ton of their sales and email discounts by not applying them in the checkout.  Then customers get to sit on hold forever and hope to reach someone to fix it. (and let's not get into the out-of-stock issues on....the sale items) -  Why even bother having any sales if you can't do it right!

326 Messages

This was my experience when ordering my system.  I bought it on their 50% off black friday sale.  I got charged the full amount.  After several attempts to email and call, I did get someone who returned 50% of the price.  I emailed them a week later to ask if I could get the simplicam for 50% off even though I had already bought my system (which hadn't been delivered yet).  They eventually got back to me and gave me a code for a 50% camera.  When I went to check out, the 50% off was not applied, so I did not complete the order.  At that point, I'd pretty much decided to return the system, so I didn't really care.

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

3年前

^ a perfect example of let's have some crazy back to back sales, and SS goes batsh*t crazy - no discounts applied, out of stock items, holding shipments until out of stock items are in, holding shipments until someone gets around to handing them off to the carrier, not informing customers, shipping partial orders, or wrong items, credits not issued in timely manner and all the returns not issued return labels or refunds for....how long - all the while customer support lines pretty much non-existent and no responses to email and their contact form.  If they're still in business this time next year, maybe we should all just go on holiday vacations and forget about SS.

And I say that, because they shouldn't be let off the hook for what they pulled this season.  As Captain said, an apology or statement from the new CEO should be forthcoming, if they want to regain trust and/or a new fan base.

I have to hand it to them, however, the sales have been the best they've ever had, and the email discounts are nice for those who really need/want them.  I have to wonder, though, why so many sales in such a short period of time?  New CEO taking SS into a new direction?  Attempting to meet quarterly sales quota?  Gearing up for a buy-out?

15 Messages

3年前

I called this AM and got through relatively quickly (6-7 mins or so). I told the gentleman about the issue, he initially said I had to buy a base station and keypad, to which I said-- "No, sir, the email I got was about ADDING components for existing customers." and he asked if it came from "Dave". So I pulled up the email and it wasn't from Dave, but just "SimpliSafe" and I read it to him. He didn't argue at that point, and adjusted my order. However, for some reason his total was coming out to $6 more so I told him that and he manually updated it for me after a couple of back and forth reminders of what I just said... :)

He didn't seem very excited to be helping me, but he went through the motions. He wasn't rude, but just seemed to be doing his job because he had to, kind of a thing. I don't even remember a "Thank you for using Simplisafe, have a nice day" or anything of that sort, which is a pretty standard thing to say on a customer call but whatever.

I will say.. I have been a SimpliSafe customer for at least 6-7 years and their customer service used to be MUCH better.
P.S. I also called and pushed the option for wanting to buy stuff- not the "or anything else" option I normally choose and got through faster. I think part of their wait time issue is that most people probably go to the "technical assistance or anything else" option so it's a large queue.