dandydons's profile

Tue, May 19, 2020 7:32 PM

Alarm being switched off - not by us - update

Happened again today- that's two days in a row my alarm has been switched off without anyone doing it.

Cameras opened,  notification on phone the lot...

SS have got me to remove my module inside base station (which means I have no cellular back up).  

I have to test it for a week to see if stops it, if it does - then they believe it's the module causing the fault and I will need it replaced. If it'continues then it's back to drawing board.

I have been given 3 months free monitoring for the inconvenience which was nice of them.

The chap I spoke to couldn't believe how many sensors I had lol.

101 Messages

Il y a 2 y

How many sensors DO you have? I'm in a competition with myself on slapping a sensor on just about everything and I'm curious on where I stand compared to others...

I've got:
2 Keypads
10 Entry Sensors for all doors & windows
3 Motion Sensors
7 Glassbreak sensors
2 Panic buttons
2 Keyfobs
3 Freeze Sensors
3 CO2 Sensors
3 Smoke Detectors
10 Water Sensors
2 Extra Sirens

326 Messages

Il y a 2 y

2 Keypads
1 Glassbreak Sensor
5 Motion Sensors
15 Entry sensors for all doors and windows
4 Cameras  (need two more)
3 Sirens, one in the basement, one on the first floor and one on the second floor (waiting on the 4th one for the garage)
1 Freeze Sensor (I'm not worried about freezing.  I like that it has the temperature on it)
1 Water Sensor
1 Smoke Detector
1 (useless) Keyfob
1 Panic Button

I have a hardwired smoke/CO system and I really wish that SS would come out with a listener for these, like Ring.  

Sorry.  I just realized that this has nothing to do with me.  I thought that I'd stumbled into a "how many sensors do you have" thread. :)

Advocate

• 

2.2K Messages

Il y a 2 y

What, no sensors on interior doors?

101 Messages

I've debated putting one inside/on our safe where we keep important documents and set it to secret alert.   We've had family pet/house sit for us during vacations and do believe they entered snoop-mode.

326 Messages

Il y a 2 y

What's an example of why someone would need a sensor on an internal door?

3 Messages

Liquor cabinet so you know when the teenagers open the cabinet to get drink :)

1.3K Messages

Il y a 2 y

I have one set to secret alert on the door to my office/workshop room, which is supposed to be off limits for most others. That is also where the liquor cabinet and some other things are.

326 Messages

Il y a 2 y

Ok, I get it.

No kids and I don't care where my wife goes in the house. :)

Advocate

• 

2.2K Messages

Il y a 2 y

3 reasons to have interior doors with sensors.  1) another layer of detection  2) rooms/cabinets which are super important or which should not be accessed by some people legitimately in the house (using secret alert) and of course 3) an excuse to have more sensors.

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

Il y a 2 y

Inside desk drawer in the office where the usb for the pc mouse is, to prevent unauthorized pc access and to divert from finding the real pw to the pc :)