G

Thu, Mar 15, 2018 1:34 AM

Connecting to WIFI

My SS system settings recognizes my WIFI but not the correct password.  I have confirmed the WIFI is working and the password is correct.  My SSID is R303WIFI and my password is 10 digits long, all numbers.  It tells me the password I entered is wrong.  Does anyone know if this is a known issue?

Thanks

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

4 y ago

@apatti55 , can you provide a few more details:

-who is your provider
-when did the install process go south (ie camera unable to scan code)

4 Messages

4 y ago

provider is Shentel Cable using ARRIS routers.
The install was attempted on Monday 10/22 so it is "assumed" that the SS3 system had all of the latest updates.
Was on the phone with SS & ISP for over 3 hours....No help. Almost ready to box up & send back....very frustrating!!!!

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

4 y ago

@ apatti55, unfortunately, I have never heard of Shentel Cable and only familiar with Netgear, D-Link and Linksys. If this is a mesh type of router that is a known issue.

Community Admin

• 

3.2K Messages

4 y ago

@apatti55

I will have a someone give you a call to follow up about this. I suspect that there's just a really simple solution that we're missing, and a manager-level tech should be able to help.

Johnny M.
SimpliSafe Home Security

4 Messages

4 y ago

yes, received call last night however no immediate solution provided. Was told that more research was needed & they promised to get back with me. I've also been in contact with the ISP about their modem/router made by ARRIS. They too are having their chief Engineer at Shentel Cable do more homework as well. Hope this gets resolved soon.

thanks

13 Messages

4 y ago

I been have the same issue with my SS system since I installed it in July saying "incorrect Password" the settings are recognizes my WIFI but not the correct password.

I have confirmed the WIFI is working and the password is correct. My Nest thermostat is connect, iPhone, iPad connects to the 5g and my SS camera is working with no issues and is connect to the 2.4.

I spent several hours on the phone with SS prep (James) and in the end after trying to reboot, and moving base station he decide the fixed would be to replace base, and keypad. He also look back to when I first install date and its been running on cell connect since then according to his computer at SS.  James said I had a T- Mobile base and was replacing with a Verizon one thinking this is the issue.

Late yesterday I found this forum and topic about "Incorrect Password Issue", and by sounds of what Im reading here its a ongoing issue with SS and by replacing of the base and keypad probably are not going fix my issue and is a waste of time.

It seem to be more a software issue with SS...Has anyone gotten this issues fix..............please help!!!

708 Messages

4 y ago

Do you have a ";" (semicolon) in your password?  I remember a previous post that the QR code uses a semicolon as a field separator.

13 Messages

No "semicolon', password is just letters and numbers.

The pssword works on all my other devices including SS camera is absolutely working with no issues.

I was wondering both of my 5g and 2.4g I use the same name and password could this be a conflict with the base station?
All my other devises again are working this way with no issue?

SS customer service on there end is say my base is not connect to WiFi and hasn't been since installed, and on key pad when I enter password I get "incorrect password' but when I look on line on my SS web page or my SS app next to the WiFi it is showing my WiFi name so does that mean I am connected? or not? Is the problem maybe at SS computer at there office? And I'm driving myself nuts for no reason?

708 Messages

4 y ago

You might try turning off your 5G network and attempt to connect the base station, then turn 5G back on, if you haven't already tried it.

4 Messages

4 y ago

Yep, I'm still waiting for a resolution from SS. It sure looks like they have a "real" software issue & have yet to fully come up with a fix. I'm going to try again this coming weekend with a new modem/router from my ISP but if it doesn't fix it, I guess I'll have to spend another 2 hours taken down all my sensors etc. & return for refund to SS. What a shame..............

22 Messages

4 y ago

I had a very similar problem last week trying to install my new SS3 system.  I have 3 active networks( 5 GHz 23 GHz and a Guest network) ,obviously different SSID for each but same password except for the guest network  .  It has worked flawlessly for 20 some devices for at least 5 years.  Until trying to install Simplisafe last week.

My problem is my network names are just long enough (30 Characters) and on the keypad the display only shows the first 7 characters and the last 7.  Everything in-between displays. "......"  Because of the display method they use, it was impossible for me to distinguish between the 3 networks.  So I had to guess.  I kept getting the wrong password notice.  Must have tried this 20 times.  Finally called Simplisafe and they were actually able to tell me I was logged on, but it was to my Guest network which I did not want to be on.  No matter which other network I would select, I would get the wrong password notice.  The tech guy, then had me select from the keypad, where you select your network, "forget network".  Then when I selected a different network and entered the password it accepted it and life has been good the past week. I believe once a wrong password is entered in, it seems to lock that in and not overwrite with the correct one.  Unless you tell it to forget the network.

Anyway it worked for me...but my circumstances could well have been different.

13 Messages

4 y ago

Well....Im glad Im not crazy hahaha!! In couple weeks Im going try your suggestion do to SS set up in my vacation spot. I appreciate the fee back and all the info. Ill post let you know how it goes. Thanks

Everyone else here please keep sending ideas, or fixes if anyone is having the same issue.

13 Messages

4 y ago

spent 5hours on the phone
On November 18th, 2018 samspano4 says:
I spent 5hours on the phone yesterday 11/17 with SS rep.....

In brief...... we change password, call cable company make sure there no MAC address block, firmware blocks etc, they reset modium, I change out SS keypad and base station with replacements they sent, numbest reset on your keypad and base.

all our iPads,laptops, iPhones, door lock, nest thermostat , and including SS camera are on WiFi with no issues.

I did notice that the keypad show my WiFi name even with a full single strength in the list of WiFi's. But will not connect.
WiFi name 10 letters and password 9 letters

Also if I turn on my hotspot it connects to my iPhone, but if I go to system settings on your keypad then diagnostics, then WiFi even thou imy iPhone showing connection to the hot spot on my iPhone it said no WiFi connection in diagnostics ?

PLEASE HELP ME! PLEAS HELP ME!

708 Messages

4 y ago

You didn't mention if you turned off your 5G band nor if your SSID is broadcasting from your router.

13 Messages

4 y ago

Great news everyone...
We finally figure out why my base station wouldn't connect to the WiFi.

First a big round of applause to Marquises, and Robert at SS, and Blake @ Hargray Cable Inc.

Problem and Fix:
Aries router is not compatible with SS base station and needed to be bridge thru a third party router like a netgear.

Problem solved and life is good and secured!

1.3K Messages

Might you share the reason they gave why that particular (Aries?) router is not compatible with the base station?
CONFIRMED THIS TO BE THE ISSUE....

ARRIS Routers will NOT work with Base Station. Get a different brand of router or use some sort of different network access point.

42 Messages

4 y ago

Did you mean ARRIS?  If so, please share what model # your old modem is.  Also, please share what new model number the Netgear router is that solved the issue.