G

Thu, Mar 15, 2018 1:34 AM

Connecting to WIFI

My SS system settings recognizes my WIFI but not the correct password.  I have confirmed the WIFI is working and the password is correct.  My SSID is R303WIFI and my password is 10 digits long, all numbers.  It tells me the password I entered is wrong.  Does anyone know if this is a known issue?

Thanks

13 Messages

Il y a 4 y

Wifi Issues Solve Follow up...

Sorry about spelling yes I did mean ARRIS the model #DG3450 that is supply by Hargray Cable Co. in South Carolina.

Netgear R7000 AC1900 Smart Wifi Router I had this older Netgear laying around for few years, but it did the trick.

*Note You will need to call your cable company to sync the bridge between devices to complete installation. Unless you know your way around in the advance setting on router web pages.

Neither SS or Hargray gave me the exact reason why there not compatible. After two and half days on phone with both companies and at one point all three of us where on a three way call I was just satisfied its was finally working and problem solved.

42 Messages

ARRIS router

Thank you @samspano4.  I also have an ARRIS wireless router (Arris Surfboard SBG6782-AC) purchased independently from the cable company (Xfinity), and I have the same issue with Verizon SS3 base as you did.  Yesterday I ordered a new netgear setup, fingers crossed it will fix the wifi on this base.  I will update everyone once everything is installed and updated.

1 Message

Were you able to set up your wi-fi? My SS3 showed up earlier today and we are trying to get connect to our Xfinity provided wi-fi with an ARRIS modem to no avail.

2 Messages

Thank you , thank you, thank you!! I was pulling my hair out with this dang base station not connecting to wifi! I also have a brand new Arris DG3450 and could not for the life of me get it connected.  Multiple calls and chats with the SS techs and we couldn't figure it out.  The internet is a marvelous thing.

Had an older router in the closet, piggybacked it off the modem and connected right away.  Thanks again for the post on here.  I was about 5 seconds from boxing everything back up and sending it back!

1 Message

Incorrect password issue.  I am having the same password incorrect issue, even though it is correct. I don't have an old router and given every other device I connects to the router with no issue it seems the SS should do the same without having to bridge a second router.  That doesn't seem to "Simpli'.  
After all the resetting,
I tried turning off the 5g, nothing
I set up the guest 2.4 with the simplest SSID and password, nothing
Now they are going to send me a new Base station. I will see if that works but I am not to hopeful from everything I have read on line about this incorrect password issue.  Clearly sounds like a SS software issue.
I have the Arris SBG6782-AC that wouldn't work with the SimpliSafe 3rd Generation, "incorrect password". I reserved an IP for it in the Basic>DHCP settings. It connected right up after that!

1 Message

Il y a 4 y

I just fixed mine. I haven't done a split-half search to figure out exactly what step fixed it, but it was some combination of these three changes I made:

- I split my 2.4GHz & 5GHz networks; drunkpenguin's post above from 16 March resonated with me.
- I removed the comma (,) from my password, inspired by the post above about semicolons. Even though the interface on the keypad supports special characters, try testing with a short alphanumeric-only password just to see if it makes a difference; if it does, experiment with which special characters seem to break it. My password still has an exclamation point (!) and a tilde (~) in it.
- Removed the spaces and non-alphanumeric chars from my SSID, because why not.

I'd been having _exactly_ the same issues as others- "Incorrect Password" despite entering it correctly, meeting SSID and password-length requirements, etc.

So glad to have this working now.

4 Messages

Il y a 4 y

Same problem.  Camera is set up but cannot sign onto wi fi.  How do I find out if i am on 2.4G or 5G?   I am not technically literate so no jargon please.  Keep it simple.  Thanks.

Community Admin

• 

3.2K Messages

Il y a 4 y

@kdrski

Most WiFi routers are dual-band, which means that they support both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands. Some ISPs or manufacturers will set up your router so that each band is separate - i.e. each would appear to be a different WiFi network. If that's the case, you'll want to make sure that you connect to the one that's 2.4GHz (which is usually clearly labeled as such).

If you only have one WiFi network visible, chances are that your router is broadcasting on both bands under that same name. In that case, any device that can't connect to 5GHz (like our Cameras and the Base Station) will only be able to see the 2.4GHz network anyway. So you don't need to do anything.

If you're still having trouble, though, let us know what part of the setup process you're getting stuck on and we might be able to help. Or give our Support team a call at 1-888-957-4675 and our agents can take you through the process step by step.

Johnny M.
SimpliSafe Home Security

4 Messages

My problem is when I go to enter my wifi password into the keypad there isn't enough characters.  I'm connecting to the 2.4.

1 Message

Il y a 4 y

Blank password?

I am unable to have my system join my wifi - there is no password for wifi.  Is there a way to do this?

708 Messages

Il y a 4 y

Is there are reason you don't have a password on your wifi?  Even a insecure simple one would be better...

708 Messages

Il y a 4 y

if you are trying to use a 63 character password, which I understand to be the length supported by the wif standard, you are right, SS doesn't support that length.  When I first got my SS3 system at the beginning of the year, I encountered this problem.  After much testing, if I remember correctly, the physical limit is 32, but the functional limit was really about 20 characters.  Let me try to explain this confusion.  I could actually enter 32 characters and connect to the wifi.  There was a bug that SS reported as being fixed, but I haven't spent the time to completely validate it.  Some folks posted they had some successful testing of this fix, so I don't know what the new functional length.  The bug was if wifi connection was lost, the wifi configuration was lost in the SS3 system, too.  The 32 character length has not been addressed.

Too lazy to scroll ALL the way to the top to check, but be aware even though semicolon is a character on the keypad as a wifi password character, it won't work since the QR code generator used by SS to connect cameras, uses the semicolon as a field delimiter.

4 Messages

Thanks.  I may just change my wifi to fit ss

1.3K Messages

Il y a 4 y

Wow...32 to 64 character WiFi passwords?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting crap like "password" or "123456", etc., but 32-64 characters for WiFi?

The typical password attack is just online guessing. My 8-character WiFi password format is predicted to require 2000 centuries to crack by that method.

Sure, a superpower spy agency probably could crack it in a couple minutes* but if a superpower spy agency is attempting to crack your WiFi password you probably got bigger stuff to worry about.

*considers an attack consisting of 100 TRILLION guesses per second.

4 Messages

Maybe it is a little overkill

Advocate

• 

638 Messages

Il y a 4 y

What I decided to do was set SS3 up on my guest network. My main network's password is lengthy, and I do not have it memorized. The guest is simple but robust and secure (and much more straightforward to remember).

I got the idea from someone else on the forum. If your router has the capability, it is a reliable workaround.

42 Messages

Il y a 4 y

Thank you @samspano4 & @Johnny M  !

Moving to Netgear modem fixed my issue to connect to Verizon successfully!  Please see my new post below:
https://simplisafe.com/forum/customer-support-forum/installing-and-using-simplisafe/success-finally-verizon-ss3-f

Thank you @Johnny M -  for stating: "will only be able to see the 2.4GHz network anyway"  I have never seen that comment or post or troubleshooting before - very helpful!

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

Il y a 4 y

@letia7221 , not an issue on my daughter and son-in-law's SS3 system with Comcast Xfinity.  Make sure you are using the 2.4 band.

1 Message

Il y a 4 y

How do I toggle through the wifi password on my  keypad as I have number and letters, no other symbols required.

Thanks
joto

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

Il y a 4 y

@joto921, you cycle through each character using your keypad, bottom of screen panel and top of screen panel.

If you do have the 24.99 monitoring plan, you can also easily use your dashboard on the website, under devices.  Much easier to type. :-)  BTW, the 24.99 plan is worth ever penny. Don't like it? Call  SS and downgrade to the 14.99 plan for the end of the billing cycle and all you are out is 10 bucks.  I say its worth every penny.

Call support if you have any questions.

1 Message

Il y a 3 y

I received this error and tried everything located on the posts. I was using an Arris DG3450 supplied by Wave. I live in the country and I have to use wifi as cellular service is poor. After several days of attempting everything including setting up guests networks etc, I purchased a Netgear Nighthawk router. I did not use the bridge capability and I believe that is a misunderstanding by some. You simply connect the Nighthawk to the Arris (this way you do not lose wifi) and log into the Nighthawk with their app to install. Once you install, you can use both routers.

I was able to connect to the base station immediately and no longer received the password invalid error. Posting this here in case someone is reading all the posts like I did and nothing else worked.

1.3K Messages

It's not really a misunderstanding because it's generally not a good plan to have double NAT, so to speak. But, if it's working a good rule of thumb is "don't fix it if it ain't broke". :)

Do you have the Netgear router configured to be just a wireless access point rather than a router? That might help explain why double NAT isn't the case in this case.

1 Message

Il y a 2 y

"incorrect password" issue after almost 2 years on same network with the same password. My wifi network was discoverable by Simplisafe but I kept getting "incorrect password" when I tried to connect.  Inspired by this forum, I went to my router settings (AmpliFi router by Ubiquiti) and turned the "Band Steering" setting off. I was then able to get Simlisafe to connect.  All good now!