L

Sun, Jun 21, 2020 12:00 AM

Customer Service hanging up or not answering customers

I was trying to reactive service today, and after going through the steps I never received my email confirmation and I could not sign in to my dashboard.

I called customer service and after waiting 10 minutes, the line appeared to connect, but then a few seconds later was disconnected.  Then, I called back and after waiting 15 minutes the line appeared to connect but no one every spoke.  This is really unacceptable service for customers.  At this point, I have no other options and can't use the service.

Lori

2 Messages

Il y a 2 y

I also tried twice to contact tech support.  Both times, the line range once, then went dead.  I emailed SimpliSafe with the situation.  Nothing but crickets from them in response to the problem.  Good luck with getting any customer support.

326 Messages

Il y a 2 y

SS is great when it works.  If you need support, then not so great.  And it's only been getting worse.  I sometimes wonder how much longer this company will be around.  I haven't heard or read anything, just pure speculation.  I have worked with a lot of technical companies over the years and I have never seen anything like this before.  It's like they don't even care if they keep their customers.  Either that or they are relying on the fact that you bought a bunch of expensive (relatively speaking) equipment and aren't just going to dump it for something with actual support.

2 Messages

Your comments are so accurate. Y
As one who purchased several SS and hoping that the customer service telephone response time would improve over time, I am so deeply disgusted. I finally expressed this frustration to one of their many "managers" who essentially said "I was fortunate to get him to answer!" (WTF?!) Watching/listening to recent ads about SS's excellence as a security systems apparently does not include customer service.

2 Messages

Your comments are so accurate. Y
As one who purchased several SS and hoping that the customer service telephone response time would improve over time, I am so deeply disgusted. I finally expressed this frustration to one of their many "managers" who essentially said "I was fortunate to get him to answer!" (WTF?!) Watching/listening to recent ads about SS's excellence as a security systems apparently does not include customer service. Pray that it improves.

1 Message

Il y a 2 y

Hard to get a human on the phone. I agree with usmaak. My system has been down since June 29th. They've sent two cellular modules, one took 10 days to receive. Then they sent a replacement base station within 3 days, which I received yesterday July 15th. The tech said when you receive it call and ask them to send me a message, I will call you right away. Last night I called 4 times and was hung up on by SS three times. Twice while I was talking to humans! Last night was waiting in queue a total of 94 mins. Tonight I called again and the system hung up after 27 mins. I called again and after 15 mins or so a tech by the name of Emily answered. She was able to resolve the base station issue in about 10-15 mins. Thank you Emily! It's frustrating to have to weed through so many issues (and time) to get a pleasant and capable person to help. Suggestion to SS: Give your customers the option of requesting a call back! Otherwise, you're bound to lose them.

1 Message

Il y a 2 y

I've been trying to reach tech support for over an hour now. I wait through all of the prompts and stupid music, then get disconnected! This has happened 5 TIMES!!!! Not very good customer service and I will not recommend this system to anyone with service like this.

1 Message

Il y a 2 y

Very frustrating,.....been trying to call support for over 2 hours.....they don't answer the phone!!!!  How can this be???? I cannot recommend this company....

57 Messages

Il y a 2 y

Welcome to SimpliSafe. We're here to help.

1 Message

Il y a 2 y

So I logged in, wrote a post and when I clicked SAVE, it said I had to Login. My message disappeared. I had some interesting thoughts about my experiences with connection problems but I have no intention of trying to rewrite. Suffice it to say, I have had serious problems many times with waiting 10 or more minutes and then connecting with no one on the line and then disconnecting me forcing me to start again. Not good!!!

1 Message

Il y a 2 y

Same, customer service hangs up after holding for a long time, then when someone picks up the phone, there's a bunch of silence.  Poor customer service can take this company down.  The system itself seems good, but when trying to reach someone during setup or with any questions, the support line is a 1 out of 10.  VERY disappointed.  They need to track the customer hang ups and figure out how to help customers the right way with the support line.  VERY STRANGE and UNACCEPTABLE - frustrated NEW customer!!

Community Admin

• 

469 Messages

Il y a 2 y

Hi all,

The issue with calls disconnecting is something that we are aware of and working on. Over the past few weeks, we have made some changes to our phone system and have already seen a lot of improvement. We continue to work on these issues to ensure that all of our customers receive the most reliable customer service.

SimpliSafe Social Team
SimpliSafe Home Security

8 Messages

Il y a 2 y

We're glad you're seeing an improvement, because your customers sure aren't. Dang, I wish I never heard of SimpliSafe.

1 Message

Il y a 2 y

This is absolutely absurd and I cannot believe that you can still be in business.  I have tried to call customer service several times with the same results as everyone else, including today when both myself and my wife were suddenly kicked out of our mobile apps.  I cannot add the system again because it has already been activated.  The online dashboard shows that the system was armed but all of the buttons are grayed out.