B

Fri, Feb 14, 2020 3:21 PM

Do not buy the camera!

The SimpliSafe camera does not work!  I have spent hours on the phone. They sent me a new camera.  More hours on the phone.  Nothing worked.  I get emails saying how much SimpliSafe is committed to help.  But they can not help.  Adding to the frustration are problems with Customer support phone technology itself.  Sometimes they can not hear me.  Sometimes the phone call just drops after saying they are going to talk to their supervisor. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THE CAMERA.

1.2K Messages

Il y a 2 y

My 3 cameras work fine.  If you can describe your problem we can probably help here.

326 Messages

Il y a 2 y

I completely agree with you on the support aspect of SS.  It's amazing how poor it is.  I've worked with a lot of support over the years and I have never before seen anything this poor.

As for the camera, I have two that work very well for their stated purpose.  It would be interesting to see what the problem is.

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

Il y a 2 y

Same here, 3 Simplicams and one doorbell camera. all aok, work as expected.

2 Messages

Il y a 2 y

They only work on 2G. Could that be the issue?

Advocate

• 

541 Messages

Il y a 2 y

Same, we got 2 simplicams and video doorbell and all work perfectly. Try telling us whays it doing or not doing and someone qill probably be able to help you or not but you got to ask, thats what us regular simplisafe customers do on here, we help each other out.

21 Messages

Il y a 2 y

Personally, I wouldn't have a camera installed inside my home for any reason.

11 Messages

With the privacy shutter set up there are NO privacy issues!

1.2K Messages

Il y a 2 y

This is the only forum I've ever been on that had so many drive bys. What I mean by that are angry posts by someone who never follows up with more information or a response. I wonder why that is?

11 Messages

I've discovered that most forums [not only Simplisafe] are populated by folks that only post to complain and don't return to the forum where folks are trying to help out.

Advocate

• 

541 Messages

Il y a 2 y

@drunkpenguin, i absolutely agree. @autigers1970, thats why I love ss as there cameras have a privacy shutter on them so you know no one can look in also for visual verification and i want that, cameras outside along  ot going to help but just my 2 cents, everyone is different.

326 Messages

Il y a 2 y

I would never have any camera inside my house, other than the simplisafe one.  That shutter is perfect.  There's no way that someone can sneak it open on you.  It snaps open with a loud noise that lets you know it just opened.  I've heard of some people complain about the shutter noise.  I prefer it because you always know what's going on.

I've been quite impressed with this camera.  It's perfect for its purpose of visual verification.

21 Messages

Il y a 2 y

If it was an outdoor camera, I'd use that on the perimeter of my home.  Just not wanting cameras/mics in my house.  Creeps me out.

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

Il y a 2 y

@autigers1970  whether you do or don't is entirely up to you.  I do have the doorbell camera and 3 simplicams that cover the entire 1st floor of my house. Opted in for monitoring, it allows  COPS to dispatch without even calling me, which is great in my book. As far as the risk, I am satisfied with the encryption, privacy guards and limited 3rd party connections that SS has in place. Perfect, guaranteed? No, but its about as good as it gets in my opinion.

11 Messages

Il y a 2 y

My two cameras work just fine!

326 Messages

Il y a 2 y

^ Yup.  People traditionally go to product forums when things aren't going well.  It gives a skewed representation of any supported product because it looks like everyone hates it.

Their support does suck though.  I'm hoping that I never have any actual issues where I need to call support.