J

Wed, Apr 15, 2020 3:31 PM

Does the Simplisafe camera have the option for continuous recording?

Or does it only have the option to record once you initiate it (with the plan) or once it detects motion?

Accepted Solution

1.2K Messages

Il y a 2 y

Motion yes, all the time, no.

2 Messages

Il y a 6 m

I think that, with the recent price hike, new features such as this one should be implemented. This would be extremely beneficial and set SimpliSafe apart from their competitors

2 Messages

Il y a 5 m

I support longer recording times that can be set per camera and when manually recording

2 Messages

Il y a 4 m

I also want to see this happen. I've been considering switching to the more expensive nest cameras because simplisafe doesn't support the continuous recording feature which is important to me for the outdoor cameras.

2 Messages

@TDillman​ I wasn't aware that Next offered continuous recording. Looks like I'm switching! 

Advocate

• 

417 Messages

Wyze Cam v3 does as well, with the service if I recall? It also records continuously to local storage which I find to be fantastic since you can stick a 64GB card in and get a week or more of solid recording. It's great for going back to a specific date/time to look for something that may not have triggered a motion alert.