C

Wed, Aug 26, 2020 4:17 PM

Door locks - constantly locking and unlocking by itself

If I set my locks to auto lock, as soon as it locks, then I will get push notifications that the door has been unlocked by hand, then locked, then unlocked and then locked and on and on. It will do it 8-12 times before it stops. Sometime they will randomly do it during the night. I had to turn off my push notifications for both of the doors. One lock I have had almost a year and then another lock I just got a couple of months ago. The one I have had for almost a year started doing this in May. There is nothing to upgrade the software on these and there is no help on this website about it. What is wrong with them?

I want the push notifications so I can see who it locking and unlocking my door. Maybe I just have gotten another brand of smart lock.

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

2 y ago

Did you call SS to troubleshoot?  That would be the first thing you should do - they'll replace it if they determine it's defective.

1 Message

2 y ago

My problem is similar. After it's locked a few minutes later it says "unlocked by hand". Then I personally check the door and it's locked. So I lock the door on the app (even though it's already locked), and few minutes later it says "unlocked by hand" but no one has touched anything. Anyone have a solution (I cannot call SS yet as I am at work). I wish they had a chat service.

364 Messages

2 y ago

sounds similar to the issue I had with my sensors where it was telling me it was non responsive when it was responsive like your lock is saying its unlocked but it actually isn't.

2 Messages

1 y ago

This is happening on my system now.  Was there any resolution?

Community Admin

• 

469 Messages

1 y ago

Hi @mmedwed,

It sounds like your Smart Lock may think it's right on the edge between being locked and unlocked. We recommend re-calibrating the Smart Lock to see if that resolves the issue for you. This can be done through the Keypad by pressing the menu button -> [your Master PIN] -> Devices -> [your Smart Lock] -> Re-calibrate. From there, follow the instructions on the Keypad.

SimpliSafe Social Team
SimpliSafe Home Security

2 Messages

Thank you. I have done this so hopefully it will work.