J

Tue, Aug 11, 2020 3:41 AM

Doorbell cam will not work

Just received my replacement doorbell cam. The first one did not work so the company sent me another one. I am still having the same problem of after I hook up all the doorbell wires, confirm the doorbell "dings", then I go to the app to set up the wifi like I have done with the other simplisafe camera I have in my house, that works well.

I cannot get anyone on the phone... I gave up tonight after 38 minutes.

Does anyone have any experience with this challenge?  

Thanks, and please advise.

JRM

3 Messages

Il y a 2 y

DON'T TIGHTEN THE MOUNTING BRACKET ALL THE WAY. After Simplisafe sending me three cameras to try and adding two chime extenders, talking to numerous tech support people, I finally got a recommendation that made my video doorbell work. It took me using a multimeter to prove I was getting power through the wires and the chime working when they touch before a tech person nailed down the issue that the mounting bracket needs to be loose. I've never heard iny life to not tighten a mounting bracket all the way. Apparently the unit needs to be able to move up and down to make contact when doorbell is pushed. If they would have made that recommendation in the instruction book, it would have save me so much time and frustration.

1 Message

Il y a 2 y

Doorbell camera went completely dead when I uninstalled it.   I found these helpful instructions on another site and I was able to reset my camera and reinstall. https://how-to-setup.com/how-to-reset-simplisafe-doorbell-camera