R

Thu, Jan 23, 2020 3:29 PM

Entry sensor problem

I have had my system for about 2 months now. One of the entry sensors is no longer being recognized. I doubt it is the battery as those are supposed to last 10 years. In test mode, I hold the button down on the sensor and it lights up in blue (it actually blinks). This also leads me to believe it is not the battery. I can only surmise that I have a faulty sensor.
Anyone else experience this issue?
Thank you.

1.2K Messages

3 y ago

My batteries started to fail after a year and a half I think, I would not expect 10 out of them.  In either case, bad batteries can happen.  Try swapping batteries with a known good sensor.  This will tell you where the problems is.  If it's still the sensor, call SS for warranty replacement.

5 Messages

3 y ago

Thanks Penguin!  I did as you suggested and removed the battery from a working sensor and put it in the presumed faulty sensor. It worked! Oddly  enough though, I put the "bad" battery into the removed sensor and it works now as well. Maybe a seating problem.

1.2K Messages

Glad you got it working.  I've also noticed that as batteries begin to get low the furthest sensors will usually suffer first.  I think the wireless amperage might reduce a bit as they near the end of their life.  Could explain why the battery is fine in another sensor.  I usually keep extra batteries around for these things, but like you said it could also have just not been seated all that great.