D

Sat, Jun 5, 2021 9:32 PM

entry sensor says it is offline after replacing the battery

entry sensor said it was not connected. Replaced the battery now online under device says it is offline.

Advocate

• 

636 Messages

Il y a 1 a

Refresh to update your settings, reflecting the [current] status of the Entry Sensor. The system automatically checks the devices, but it may take some time. Manually refreshing will force the check. If it then remains offline, the device itself is the issue.

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

Il y a 1 a

Great advice from Shiherlis. You'll want to refresh your settings to get the most recent status.

Also, you should know that an "Offline" or "Not connected" message doesn't just mean it's a battery issue. If your batteries are running low, you should be getting a "Low Battery" warning long before they actually go out.

But these Errors could also mean that your sensor has been having trouble trying to check in with the Base Station. Assuming that your sensor is well within the 800ft range of the Base Station, the most common issue could be interference.
That could be either physical objects getting in the way (like thick walls and floors, dense insulation, heavy appliances, etc.) or other wireless devices in your home that are drowning out the signal.

Our Support team at 800-548-9508 can help with troubleshooting to get to the bottom of it.

(edited)

1 Message

Il y a 4 m

Not the full story Johnny M.

It seems if you take a while replacing the batteries you have to delete then re-add the entry sensor via the add device menu on the keypad... otherwise even with fresh batteries and no obstruction the entry sensor stays offline after a forced refresh.  It didn't used to require this... perhaps a bug after an update?

(edited)

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

@SPO​ could it be possible that when you replaced the battery, the sensor hadn't had time yet to check in with the Base Station? I've heard of this happening before, and if you left it alone for a couple of hours, the battery error should clear.

Removing and re-adding of course forces the check-in immediately.

(edited)

@SPO​ I think you're right.  I had an entry sensor go offline, and replaced the battery. Device status continued to show the sensor offline, even after I did a manual refresh several times. In test mode, the sensor was found, but continued to display as offline after another manual refresh (in addition, the sensor did not signal the base station when the door was opened).  I finally got it to work by deleting the sensor and re-adding it as you suggested.