deleteme's profile

1.2K Messages

Tue, Jan 28, 2020 2:08 AM

Firmware Update, wish me luck

Lil gear icon showed up again.  We shall see what transpires.  Updating now.

1.2K Messages

3年前

All went well. All 3 keypads updated. Not sure whats new just yet.

Advocate

• 

541 Messages

3年前

I haven't gotten one yet or at least no icon so if you find out let us no.

15 Messages

3年前

Lance843- you will likely need to call customer service so they can push the update to you.
That is what I had to do.

Advocate

• 

541 Messages

@chicy724 yea you can forget that lol i will not call and sit on the phone for 3 hours only to be disconnected for a stupid update that i have no idea what it even is about. So ill pass and if it shows up then ill look into it if it doesn't oh well im not stressing over it. Everything is working perfectly and i dont need a dumb update that will probably screw things up and then i get pissed because they wont answer there phones and then i throw it all away and go with someone else lol

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

3年前

Just got notice tonite, but am half afraid to download it.  Last time, it bricked two of my keypads (temporarily but it was a PITA), and several other users as well.

326 Messages

3年前

I avoid updates on everything electronic until it has been proven to be beneficial, or at least useful.  I've been burned by updates too many times.

Which brings up the question, are updates ever automatic, or are they always something about which we have a choice?  And are there ever release notes on updates, or is it just click and pray?

1.2K Messages

3年前

Updates are manual. It requires putting the keypads close to the base to complete.

This morning my widget is now refreshing automatically. Prior it was not and needed a manual refresh to show the current system status. I would think this would be a function of the app tho which had an update a couple days ago. Maybe I just didn't notice before. Either way its nice to see it working properly.

1.2K Messages

3年前

I take my last statement back.  Looks like it refreshes once per hour (which maybe it always did), It was just a coincidence I think that had it refresh this morning when we disabled the alarm.

18 Messages

3年前

I just updated both of my keypad this morning. Anyone know what the differences are in the new update?

Thanks!

Advocate

• 

635 Messages

On January 28th, 2020 Babyrocko1908 says:
Anyone know what the differences are in the new update?

As dangerous as it might appear to others, that is the reason I have not applied the last two updates - I do not know what I am changing. We, as customers, have requested many things over the years, one of those being Release Notes with SS3. While I may very well be sacrificing security, I am not applying any updates when my system works fine. I will not risk the trouble and time of having to fix something that was previously not wrong or broken, simply because the company cannot find the time to type out what is new and share it with us.

1.2K Messages

3年前

Br careful skipping updates. Sometimes trying to jump several versions can have negative consequences. While I've not see that with SS I have seen it with other hardware manufacturers.

I get your reasoning tho. And if it ain't broke....

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

3年前

Remember when they said they were going to post release notes?  Me too. (this will make update # 4 or so since then)

While I agree with DP regarding skipping a number of updates and the major headaches that can come with that, with the way they are absent, not responding to customers, and overall just don't give a crap about their customers, I'm having a hard time deciding to download it or not.

Advocate

• 

541 Messages

3年前

@coltmaster, i agree and as of right now i dont have it on mine to do one and i sure am not calling to get it sent to me so if it comes it does if not well, it dont pay me no never mind because its all working perfectly now and not knowing what the update is about im not going to screw it up. If it does come to my keypad then i will still wait and see what issues people have first.

1.2K Messages

3年前

A couple days with it and zero issues. One thing I have noticed over the years is that updates are battery hogs. Everytime I've run an update one of my keypads will report low battery after. For those of you that had problems maybe the batteries got to low during the process. If you're nervous about it you might put fresh batteries in prior to updating.