G

Wed, Sep 22, 2021 6:50 PM

Forum Ease of Use

I just spent a fair amount of time looking through the Forum and issues around installation trying to see if there was a similar posting discussing my concerns already posted. After going through 3 pages, I gave up. It just takes too much time and becomes easier to just post a new topic.

This Forum is one of the few I've used that don't have any kind of search capability for the site or within a specific topic. If you could implement search capability it might make the Forum easier to use and possibly a more effective support tool.

My guess is you've already had some discussions around this.

Please give it some more thought.

Advocate

• 

417 Messages

Il y a 1 a

My guess is you've already had some discussions around this.

Oh yes, they have. :)

There's a post elsewhere by Johnny M from SimpliSafe indicating there's news coming soon on this front but no further details were provided.

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

Il y a 1 a

Yep, that's correct. As you can see, this place needs some significant work, so it's going to take us a bit of time to set up. When there's news, you'll hear it from me!

- Johnny M.
SimpliSafe Home Security

Advocate

• 

108 Messages

Il y a 1 a

And in my experience, "soon" in SS terms could be years.

4 Messages

Il y a 10 m

We need to keep in mind this is not a revenue generating project so the costs to do it and priority level for getting it done will impact the timing (from this year to never).

This is probably more about increasing customer satisfaction which is hard to measure. It's likely to come down to how many people bring it up and how often. Problem is that usually only about one in ten (or less) people will actually take the time and effort to communicate an issue like this and instead will just judge this aspect of the company's customer service as adequate rather than top notch.