dcmacdougall's profile

Thu, Apr 14, 2022 2:14 AM

Google voice commands no longer work

Hi all

Been telling my Google speaker for almost a year now “hey google set Simplisafe to home” and it’s worked great. Last two weeks just no longer works. Tried unlinking and relinking via the home app but no luck. Google speaker keeps saying “I’m not sure which level to set Simplisafe to… try saying set Simplisafe to home or set Simplisafe to away”. Anyone else had this problem? 

Official Solution

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

4 m ago

Thanks for reporting! We've got our app team looking into this right now and we'll get you an update soon.

Advocate

• 

417 Messages

@davey_d​ It's been over a week. Any updates?

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

Apologies. From what I understand, there might have been a change on Google's end, and our engineering team is still looking into it.

3 Messages

@davey_d​  any updates sir? 

1 Message

3 m ago

This also happened to me back in March.  I noticed this only happens with my Google nest display and not the Google mini speakers. 

3 Messages

3 m ago

Funny, it only happens on my google mini speakers. Still no fix..

1 Message

3 m ago

I'm still having the same problem as OP. 

2 Messages

2 m ago

About 4 days ago the google smart home integration with simplisafe stopped working.  Google appears to make the call-out but comes back in a bit and says simplisafe is unavailable.

I call SS support and they claim to have no ownership of the smart home integrations and .... well ...

I'm tempted to unlink the service and relink it and hope that resolves the issue but figured I'd ask here first.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Google Smart Home Integration Down

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

@pghdave Amazon echo integration, limited as it is, has been working as expected as usual over the same time period. Where there may be truth at the issue was on Google's end, the response from Simplisafe support is disappointing to say the least.  When a company selects a 3rd party to work with, they "own" the issue as much as the 3rd party in my eyes. That includes Best Buy who sells SS products, COPS who do the monitoring and the competitor that is over at Amazon.  At a minimum, SS agents should have the ability to know, in advance, when there is an issue on Amazon's side or, preferably, when it should be working fine. 

SS, if this capability doesn't exist yet, please, start getting it in place, especially if you expect to depend on more 3rd parties in the future.

1 Message

1 m ago

Voice commands for my SimpliSafe on google have been down for a year, have tried to unlink and and re link but to no success. Any word on how to fix this?

(edited)