worthing's profile
Advocate

Advocate

• 

417 Messages

Tue, Aug 31, 2021 11:26 PM

How are cameras in order in the app?

So how are cameras ordered in the app? It appears that they're in order by group and then alphabetical within group (and case matters) but I just want this confirmed.

I did a bunch of testing making changes to my camera names and no matter what I named them my Video Doorbell Pro was always first in the list followed by my 3x SimpliCams and the SimpliCams were in alphabetical order below the Video Doorbell Pro. Oh and it views upper case and lower case differently and puts upper case letters ahead of lower case letters. So you get results like this:

- Test  01

Garage
Kitchen
Living Room

- Test 02

Garage
Kitchen
aLiving Room

- Test 03

ALiving Room
Garage
Kitchen

Am I capturing this accurately? And if so, where does the Outdoor camera "group" fit into the hierarchy in relationship to the Video Doorbell Pros and the SimpliCams?

Captain

• 

4.6K Messages

Il y a 1 a

@Worthing if I remember the post correctly (which is definitely a possiblity) its first installed, first shown and  more than a few customers asking for the ability to do a custom sort.

Advocate

• 

417 Messages

Il y a 1 a

@Captain11,

It's not, at least on Android, related to install order - if you change your camera names and refresh the app, the order in which they appear changes. (I've tested this multiple times now) I'm 99.9% sure I've captured it correctly above but I want confirmation from SS and to know where the Outdoor cameras come in.

140 Messages

Il y a 1 a

mine are alphabetical except for the doorbell.... that's first....

Advocate

• 

417 Messages

Il y a 1 a

@toastike,

Thanks for checking and providing feedback.