ryhyslop's profile

Fri, Jan 7, 2022 4:41 AM

iOS App Keeps Logging Us Off regularly

Our SimpliSafe app for our iPhones keeps logging us off at the most random times. Is there a fix to this? We have to keep logging in and getting the two factor code we set up.

78 Messages

7 m ago

Yeah, this has been happening more often lately. It is a pain.

My tolerance for this sort of silliness is low.

86 Messages

7 m ago

Me too. It helps that I have FaceID enabled to log back in, but this should not happen so often.

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

7 m ago

Thanks everyone,

I'm forwarding your feedback to our dev team. Could you please let me know a bit more about your setup? Including:

• Device model
  • Operating system version
  • Default browser
  • Any security apps installed, e.g. VPNs, adblockers, virus scanners, etc.

Of course, the expected behavior is that you should stay logged in for up to 30 days.

46 Messages

@davey_d​ iPhone 7plus, iOS 15.2, latest SS iPhone App.

78 Messages

iPhone 11, iOS15.2, SS app 2078.12.1, Safari - I run adblock (and I'm not turning off).

42 Messages

7 m ago

@davey_d​ 

iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 8, iOS15.1, latest SS iPhone App. McAfee. Happens cell or wireless. This has been happening since inception of this app.

1 Message

5 m ago

Also happening on Samsung S22, Android, Chrome, Secure VPN with Norton 360

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

@kpleasant572​ since the above are all iPhones, and relates to an issue from a couple of months ago, you might be having a different issue.

But are you seeing the same symptoms? Your SimpliSafe app isn't staying logged in? The app should be forcing a logout every 30 days (for security reasons), but not sooner than that.

1 Message

Every single day my app logs me out as well. On a Samsung Note 20 Ultra. This is a pretty big issue - as notifications then do not come through. 

This reply has been converted into a comment

1 Message

5 m ago

Every single day my app logs me out as well. On a Samsung Note 20 Ultra. This is a pretty big issue - as notifications then do not come through. 

This comment was created from this reply

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

@Kierstengood​ do you have Multi-Factor authentication set up? You can check by logging into the app and navigating to Menu > Manage Account > Multi-Factor Authentication. With MFA set up, the app should keep you logged in for a month.