J

Wed, Oct 28, 2020 3:18 AM

Is System Down

Is the SimpliSafe system currently down?  None of my cameras are working, the phone app is down and the phone wait is really long.

15 Messages

2年前

Yep, same problem here.  been down for like 30 mins or so.

326 Messages

2年前

Same.  My cameras are all flashing yellow and I can't get into the app.

Captain

• 

4.6K Messages

2年前

Yellow flashing light means an update is underway. My 3 Simplicams started around 10:15 central and still in that state at 10:40.

To get into the app, I was asked for my master PIN.

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

2年前

Hi folks,

We apologize for the issues you experienced last night. @Captain11, we appreciate your constructive response but in this case there in fact was an outage that impacted some app functionality and cameras. This is clearly not acceptable, nor is our slow response. We hope you will believe when we say that we are evaluating our internal processes and will be putting improvements in place.

In regards to the issues experienced, it is important to be aware that monitoring service was not impacted, and that as of several hours ago all issues were resolved.

If you happen to still be running into problems with your camera, a power cycle should fix it. If anything is still causing an issue please reach out to us at customer-support@simplisafe.com or over the phone at 1-800-548-9508.

- Johnny M.
SimpliSafe Home Security

2 Messages

2年前

This seems to be happening to me now (November 4, 10:15pm eastern). Cameras stopped working, can't open app on phone or tablet, can't load account page on website.

2年前

It's happening again.  

One camera keeps announcing that it can't connect (creepy voice).  Can't sign in to app or online.

2 Messages

2年前

Seem to be having many issues since we were required to install the new card in the base station. My doorbell and interior camera drops several times and video playback from doorbell not available. Keeps saying no WiFi connection although all my other devices are connected with strong signal. Last 2 weeks camera keeps clicking. Base station is 10 feet from my router, indoor camera 15 feet from base station and doorbell  35 feet from base station. The concerning issue most of all is customer support. I called last week to be put on hold 40 minutes before hanging up. I sent email to support with no response but I did get email asking me to review the support I received??? . Today I called and actually spoke with rep who was not very familiar with system constantly putting Me on hold to get technical answers. After having me reset the doorbell 2X I was told if problem continues call back in a few days and they will send a new doorbell camera. They stated they are aware of known issues whatever that means. Not very confident in system. I work nights ant family does not fell very secure.

3 Messages

2年前

SimpliSafe has been down system-wide for at least an hour. (I called and got a message that the system is down.)

It looks like this is a frequent problem. I wish I'd found this forum before I spent $300.

BTW, don't buy their doorbell. It basically doesn't work.