B

Mon, Jul 27, 2020 8:38 PM

Is this a scam support email or have people gotten a response from it?

support@simplisafe.mypurecloud.com

It responded to my email to customer-service@simplisafe.com and it was sent to that email as well when it replied. So strange. I did give my base station number before I noticed but luckily I called someone today because it has been a base station issue and they are sending a new one.

Is there a scam out to get people's base station numbers or other information? How would a different email address reply to my email to their customer service? Is there someone who works there scamming people?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

1.3K Messages

2 y ago

I don't know if it is or is not a scam, but calling SimpliSafe and asking them to confirm the email address would be your best bet. Yeah, painful I know, but that's the best way.

7 Messages

2 y ago

I mean I guess I'm just assuming it's a scam but I'm wondering how the person who replied would even know my email and know the information I sent to simplisafe...and what someone would even do with the information??

1.3K Messages

2 y ago

Call SimpliSafe. No need to keep pondering whether it's legit or not.

If you first sent an email to SS then got a reply odds are it's legit. Again though, make the call then you will know for sure one way or the other. No point in trying to figure out a scam or worry about it if is a scam, if it isn't.

Clearly it is concerning you. Make the call.

7 Messages

I'm not pondering whether to call them or not, I'm asking if anyone else has experienced the same.

1.3K Messages

2 y ago

As your only responder so far, no, I have not, but that doesn't mean it's a scam. Things change all the time, which is why I suggest calling because then you will receive a definitive answer straight from the source.

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

2 y ago

Hi all,

PureCloud is a system that our Support team uses for customer and call management. That email address is legit!

But I certainly agree. If you're ever unsure of anything, give our Support team a call at 888-910-1458 and we can confirm for you!

Johnny M.
SimpliSafe Home Security

7 Messages

Really because I just got off the phone with SimpliSafe and it's a known security breach and I'm being sent a whole new system. Don't have a lot of confidence in the company now.

12 Messages

2 y ago

I've gotten emails from that address, too. But no one ever responded to any of those.

I also got an automated email asking for feedback on a phone call I made on a date that I definitely hadn't called them. They said they'd schedule a time to call me and then every time I replied, they "dropped the ball" until they stopped responding entirely.

2 y ago

I just got an email asking for me to complete a survey regarding my email contacting Simplisafe:

"From andrew.care@simplisafe.mypurecloud.com

SimpliSafe - thank you for your email

Thank you for contacting SimpliSafe on 8/17/2020. We would love to hear about your experience.

Please complete our survey here: https://apps.mypurecloud.com/quality-forms/#/surveycodes/YzJlYWM1NmUtNGM0My00MGYwLThlY2QtN2I5ZmM4NDhhYTRm."

The only issue is that I did not contact Simplisafe on 8/17/2020 (or at all in the last month).

What is going on?

2 y ago

I asked a question several days ago with no answer. Thanks.

2 Messages

2 y ago

I just got the same email from Andrew@simplisafe.mypurecloud.com too...

Asking me to take a survey. I noticed that the link to the survey was not active (red flag #1). So I opened a private browser window and pasted link...said "survey over" (red flag #2)

When in doubt...throw it out. Looks like a scam to me, unless verified by SS. If they wanna send a survey, make it more legit. And NEVER ask for system info like serial #'s

Community Admin

• 

469 Messages

2 y ago

Hi all,

We can confirm that emails from Andrew.Care@SimpliSafe.MyPurecloud.com are legitimate. While those emails should be coming directly from Andrew.Care@SimpliSafe.com it's possible a bug caused them to be sent through another service of ours.

SimpliSafe Social Team
SimpliSafe Home Security