W

10 Messages

Sun, Jul 19, 2020 3:05 AM

keypad not responding

my keypad is not responding. therefore I am not protected. I cannot reach anyone at SS. this is dangerous!!

I found a post that describes the same problem. reply was "contact SS". well, how will that help if there is no one to answer the call?

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

Il y a 2 y

^  you could very well be right, Shiherlis, as the same thing is happening with the simplicams (and it appears, the video doorbells), as was with the CO2 detectors some time ago - different batches, different problems.  SS already admitted the cameras had issues, with customers being sent replaced cameras over and over...

364 Messages

Il y a 2 y

Had the same here in Scotland last night re keypad.  Only knew by pressing the key fob and nothing worked.  It took taking battery in and out 4 times for it re connect.

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

Il y a 2 y

*IF* this is a quality control issue, it's unacceptable. I'd wager the majority of users depend on the keypads moreso than the keyfob or phone app to arm/disarm.

1 Message

Il y a 8 m

My problem was that there were two keypads (I only had one) registered as devices. I deleted the one that I didn't have and that solved my problem. Go into devices on your keypad and make sure that isn't your problem as well.