M

Sat, Oct 16, 2021 6:15 PM

Keypad panic button going off by itself, repeatedly

Last night at 2:10am the panic button on the main keypad was triggered, although no one pressed it. I set the system to Off, and the audible alarm stopped.   It then proceeded to fire repeatedly, leaving me no choice, once I fended off all the calls from the monitoring center, but to remove the batteries from the keypad.  Then it stopped, thank god.  After about a dozen false alarms.  

Has anyone else seen or heard of this?  

I suspect the first answer will be that, hey, the hardware went bad.  Somehow I doubt this.  

I'm about to call the support line.

Captain

• 

4.6K Messages

10分前

@mctighe2 You should call asap. A keypad even suspected of doing this should be replaced immediately.

5 Messages

10分前

The support person said it could be a hardware problem, and suggested purchasing a new keypad, cost $69, since mine is 3.25 years old, just past the 3 year warranty period.  Meanwhile I tested the four double A batteries in the keypad and found that all four were reading "low', so I'm wondering whether the "hardware problem' could be triggered by the edge condition of the batteries.  I've replaced the batteries and have disabled the panic button the keypad.  If it gets triggered, I am told that it will cause a beep on the keypad but will not trigger the audible alarm, nor alert the system monitors.  We'll see what happens.

Captain

• 

4.6K Messages

10分前

@mctighe2 I strongly recommend you do not use the keypad , remove it from the system and use your phone app for now. Call back on Monday and escalate to a superviosr. At the end of the day, low batteries or not, a panic alarm should not occur.

5 Messages

10分前

Simplisafe support has called back to offer me a replacement keypad at no cost.  They're also sending an upgraded "cell module' which is a piece inside the base unit that connects to the monitoring service.  That's very nice of them, I'm pleasantly surprised.

Captain

• 

4.6K Messages

10分前

@mctighe2 glad that Simplisafe responded, especially on a weekend, to address this.  You are patient too, so hopefully a win/win all around. Have a good week.