‎Keypads won't register new devices even though devices are detected by base | SimpliSafe Support Home

H

Friday, January 10th, 2020 7:01 PM

Keypads won't register new devices even though devices are detected by base

I am trying to set up a new Simplisafe SS3 system and ran into a problem in which neither of the two keypads that I have will detect a sensor such as an entry sensor so that I can add it and label it. I just tried calling customer service but my phone call disconnected before anyone picked up (after waiting about 20 minutes).

Has anyone had this problem and knows how to fix this?

More specifically, on a keypad I press the Menu button, enter my PIN, select Devices, then select Add Device, select Entry, then click Add and get the screen that says "Press the button on the device that I am adding". (This is also spoken by the base.) But when I press the button on say a door sensor (which works since the blue light blinks twice), nothing is detected (I tried all 5 door sensors that I purchased) and it doesn't work for the keypad.

However, the sensors are being detected since when I open a door or separate the magnet from the entry sensor, I get the chime.

Any help would be appreciated.

Note: I did try taking the a batteries out of the keypad to try to reset it but that didn't work/

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

4 years ago

If you have the interactive monitoring plan, you can add them through your online control panel, and name them as well (in the Devices section).  I believe that this method also requires, however, that you still have to press the sensor button to "pair" it (when I did it this way a couple years ago, there was a popup prompt that required the sensors/components have the button pressed, you'd press it, then the popup would disappear so you could finish entering it in Devices) - be sure to click "save changes" when done.

169 Messages

4 years ago

@hsg_1 However, the sensors are being detected since when I open a door or separate the magnet from the entry sensor, I get the chime. - well that would indicate that your sensors are already installed (this is normally done before the system is shipped) and you can't install the sensors twice.
New to the Community? Get started by reading our Welcome Post.