P

Sat, Jan 11, 2020 4:31 PM

Linking app controls and monitoring is a sad money grab

There is no logical or business reason to force customers who want app controls to also have live monitoring.  The local sheriff in my town hates monitored alarm systems and therefore charges huge amounts for permits and responding.  Therefore I told the SimpliSafe monitoring to never call the Police ever, ever, ever in essence turning off monitoring. I don't need it or want it I just want app control. So give me app control for $4.99 a month and remove live monitoring.  Connecting the two is nothing but a money grab and bad customer support

Captain

• 

4.6K Messages

3 y ago

@ohkim0634 while bad for you (sorry about that) great for many others. 24.99 for what you get, including app control, is a great value. and that's the pricing structure SS has.

Advocate

• 

2.2K Messages

3 y ago

Actually, you still get professional monitoring, just not dispatch.  They still call you when there is an alarm to make sure everything is still ok.

4 Messages

3 y ago

consider this:  i have loud sirens and multiple cameras.  this install is in a church so we won't have a home invasion.  usually the problem is a door left unlocked.  some teenager or bum tries the door and opens and the siren goes off. i get a text or an email or an app push and i can access my cameras and see what is happening.   adding a third party to also call me is pointless.   if the sheriff needs to be called i can call.  i have already told the monitoring company to NEVER call the sheriff. therefore make an al a cart system where i can buy as little or as much as i want. i don't want a third party getting my alarms.  i would rather handle everything in house, but for email, text and app notifications i have to hire a human monitoring group.  this is a money grab.

19 Messages

3 y ago

Then turn off monitoring and shut up about it, The rest of us are willing to pay the $25 a month and if we weren't we wouldn't and just walk away not go onto the forum to complain about a non-issue

4 Messages

3 y ago

thank you for your well thought out response.

217 Messages

3 y ago

I'm afraid you've bought the wrong system.  It happens.  Most of that is on you for not understanding what you were buying.  Fortunately, Simplisafe is forgiving of such mistakes.  If you are still within the 60-day return window, pack it up and send it back.  No questions asked, they will even provide a shipping label.
https://support.simplisafe.com/hc/en-us/articles/360023810872-How-do-I-return-my-equipment-for-a-refund-

LOL at a pastor using the word "bum" to describe people.  Not very charitable!