R

Wed, Sep 2, 2020 10:20 PM

Closed

Multiple logins on one account?

Is it possible to have each family member create their own login with their email to our family account?

I'd ultimately like to have my children be able to download the app and be able to arm/disarm the system but do not want them to get alerts or to have camera access.

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

Multiple Users

1.3K Messages

2 y ago

No. It's all one. Been a common request for years with zero indication it will ever change.

If it's a deal-breaker return the system if you still can.

57 Messages

2 y ago

Would be nice but doubtful it will ever happen. They seem to barely be handling what they have now.

2 Messages

2 y ago

requested this feature in 2013. cancelled my simplisafe back then after a year of waiting.  just reordered their new system assuming they must have fixed it, and discovered they haven't.  cancelled my latest order.  sharing your password is not an acceptable solution.

Advocate

• 

2.2K Messages

2 y ago

Multiple logins would be a SS server issue, and no base unit of any level would be involved.

2 Messages

2 y ago

SS will lose market to Cove if they don't keep up with basic features like this. I was expecting it to be standard for all security alarm systems.

2 Messages

2 y ago

This is a big disappointment for us as well! Such a good system hobbled by a sophomoric oversight.

Now we have to consider removing all the many sensors and the doorbell and boxing it all back up and returning it. What a pain.

2 Messages

9 m ago

Has anyone heard of new updates here. Sharing an account stinks. One of us always has the app log us out and then we have to deal with 2-step authorization, each of us getting texts, and then each wondering is it the other trying to login or someone hacking our account. We need multiple accounts/profiles. 

2 Messages

8 m ago

Same here, seems they’ve been trying to figure this out since 2013