V

Tue, Jul 28, 2020 5:41 AM

Not Getting Text Messages From Simplisafe

hi all,

I have not received any text messages when arming and disarming my SS3 system.

Is there an outage on Simplisafe side regarding to sending out text messages?

Thanks

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

Il y a 2 y

vb2829,

You might want to check the Alerts section of the SimpliSafe app or your online account, to make sure that your contact is not marked as "unconfirmed". We send so many similar messages through that your provider's systems might have decided to slow down or block messages coming through. So we might sometimes ask you to reconfirm your contact to verify that it's still in use.

But if you have a smart phone, you might also want to switch to Push Notifications through the app. Those alerts go through the app directly, so you might find them more reliable than SMS!

Johnny M.
SimpliSafe Home Security

29 Messages

Il y a 2 y

Got it! that was exact the issue.

Not sure why this happened all of a sudden. It was working.

Maybe new updated app?

Thanks for the advice!

21 Messages

Il y a 2 y

Johnny -

Over the past week or so I have been losing my phone number's "confirmed' status everyday. I can go back into the SimpliSafe app and reconfirm, but my status switches back to "unconfirmed' later in the day.  I'm on t-mobile. Any suggestions?

1 Message

Il y a 2 y

I am having the same problem as the above post

Over the past week or so I have been losing my phone number's "confirmed' status everyday. I can go back into the SimpliSafe app and reconfirm, but my status switches back to "unconfirmed' later in the day. I'm on t-mobile. I called into customer service and they could not figure out either.  Is it time to switch to some else

8 Messages

Il y a 2 y

Same problem. Confirmed status has to be reset constantly. Checked with T-Mobile and we do not have blocks on our SMS from emails. Once we confirm and get alerts back simply for arming and disarming, we still get no notifications for camera motion activation even though timeline records motion events and all notifications are (and have always been) turned on.
Going on minute 11 on hold to tech support.

8 Messages

Il y a 2 y

Problem is identified by Simplisafe, but not resolved currently.

If it helps others, I had a really helpful support rep (+ a team she was chatting with) working on this and they resolved that it is a T-Mobile-related problem. It has something to do with the coding that does not distinguish smart phones from non smart phones. So, if you have T-mobile and a smart phone, you will not get any notifications (email or text) about camera motion detected even if it still appears in your timeline *and* you will need to constantly confirm your number(s) to get text alerts of arming, etc. You can add email notifications if you like so that you'll at least be notified when texts aren't working.

I don't know if these will work for system errors. The hope from Simplisafe is it will be resolved eventually, but, at least in the short term, cameras (including doorbells) are relatively useless since you have to check timeline for activity. I'm definitely going to be asking T-Mobile to look into this since if they and Simplisafe are both working to resolve, our security systems can be useful again.

3 Messages

Il y a 2 y

I have tech support agent working on the same issue as above for the last couple of days.
The only difference is I am on Verizon & SS2 system.
No push or text notification.
I need the power alert & water detection more than anything.
Hope they can resolve this real soon

1 Message

Il y a 2 y

Same here.  NO text or push notification via Verizon wireless!!

16 Messages

Il y a 2 y

Two weeks ago I installed the new G4 Verizon card in my base station per Simplisafe's recommendation. After that I got sporadic text notifications.  Now I am getting no texts.  Went into my settings and reestablished my phone number, verification, etc. Still no texts.

GET THIS PROBLEM FIXED! Tired of paying for a service that doesn't work.

4 Messages

Il y a 2 y

Similar problem as above.  SMS text alerts have stopped working each of the past three weekends, and the text alerts are not synchronized with the app.  Have waited on tech support for over two hours on three different calls and finally got through.  Cole admitted that the problem is a SimpliSafe problem and not with carriers.  I was told to check that my phone is verified "often" and also to switch to the push feature of the app.
I asked to be escalated to whoever is working on the issue that may give more information, I was told there is no path to that group.  
I asked how do we all get updates on the issue and he told me to "check the forum and send us emails".  
I asked why they don't proactively send out updates, since they have all of our email addresses, rather than tell each of us to search for the answer each day.

The call was disconnected after that question.

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

Il y a 2 y

Hi folks,

First, we should preface that SimpliSafe's Smart Alerts through SMS Text go through each individual carrier's web-to-text gateway. The issue is really that we send so many near-identical messages that your carrier might slow down or block delivery entirely, as part of their efforts to reduce spam.
When your provider's server blocks a message, our server might proactively set your Smart Alerts contact back to "unconfirmed", so we can prevent your provider from marking ALL SimpliSafe messages as spam.
So essentially, this is an issue on both SimpliSafe and your carrier's side.

If you have the smart phone, the best solution really is to switch to Push Notifications through the SimpliSafe app. Those alerts go directly through the app from our website, so they should be more reliable. You can enable Push Notifications in the Settings > Alerts & Notifications section of the app.

Johnny M.
SimpliSafe Home Security

3 Messages

Have done that Johnny M.  (Push Notification)  Still not working. Still waiting on a fix. Have tried multiple cell carriers all have same issue. Need someone in there that can fix this issue

2 Messages

Same here with Push notifications not working properly for about 2 weeks. Never had any issues at all with SMS texts for the last 5 years until the 2 weeks as these are not working either.

4 Messages

Il y a 2 y

To further illustrate that the issue is SimpliSafe, and not the carrier as confirmed by SimpliSafe tech support, I use SimpliSafe to secure two different facilities.  I use the same cell phone and the same carrier for alerts on both installations.  I have found that I still receive alerts for one of my installation but the other is required to be verified again and therefore stops working.  If the carrier is the culprit who is needing verification how is it that they only require verification for one installation and continue to send to the same phone for a second installation?

4 Messages

It is not the carrier.  Some of us customers use this service to protect the elderly - and SimpliSafe doesn't care.  It is cowardly not to acknowledge your problems on your own forum.

Il y a 2 y

Same problem on two separate systems, will receive a text message maybe one out of five events.  Before July 28th, no problem receiving a text for every event from both systems.   Need solution ASAP since text messages from one system monitors an elderly adult.

1 Message

Il y a 2 y

How do I check if my phone number is confirmed?
I have original SimpliSafe and can not find this anywhere on the app.

16 Messages

Il y a 2 y

So I will tell you for an Android...open the app. In the upper left corner click the "hamburger" (the 3 horizontal lines). This will open a menu. Click on Settings. Then click on Alerts & Notifications. Then click on SMS Alerts You will see your phone number. If it is not verified, a large red rectangle will be there.