V

Tue, Jul 28, 2020 5:41 AM

Not Getting Text Messages From Simplisafe

hi all,

I have not received any text messages when arming and disarming my SS3 system.

Is there an outage on Simplisafe side regarding to sending out text messages?

Thanks

4 Messages

Il y a 2 y

I'm having the same issue.  No push, no text no emails.  My timeline shows events but no matter what I do I do not get any notifications.  That's why I pay for the more expensive monitoring.  This isn't a cell issue this is clearly a Simplisafe issue.  Email is independent of push which is independent of sms.  The only common denominator is Simplisafe.  Since my timeline and app work my base is clearly communicating.  Please fix.  I don't get out of the house often anymore but I'd like the piece of mind when I do need to.

2 Messages

Il y a 2 y

Email stopped being reliable about a week or so ago for me.

Called support - useless.

14 Messages

Il y a 2 y

Same problem with not receiving push notifications, SMS texts or emails since last week on my T-Mobile smartphones. SS tech support sent me an 4g update module for my base station but after over an hour on the phone and trying everything she suggested still no notifications. Very frustrating.
FYI our system is an original system and had worked great until now.
The tech I spoke to yesterday said they just received some information on the problem and are working on it.

This needs to be resolved by SimpliSafe ASAP.

14 Messages

Il y a 2 y

Any update from Simplisafe on this yet?

4 Messages

Il y a 2 y

Same here, I have not been receiving texts (was working for years).  When I go to "Verify" I never get the code.  I checked, and I am not blocking any numbers according to Verizon.

4 Messages

Il y a 2 y

Assuming that SimpliSafe reads their own forum, will a SimpliSafe employee please explain why customer support is telling frustrated callers to check the forum for updates when there are no updates posted? Are you even working on the problem, and if so how can there be no progress to report after 3+ weeks?

1 Message

Il y a 2 y

This is really frustrating!!!   This issue of not receiving text alerts is bad.  We are paying for this service.  Should we expect a monthly discount or drop the service and simply use the alarm self contained?   Maybe it is getting to the point to move to a new system as there are several new options.   I think I'll take a look at RING as they don't charge for the texting service and it works!

14 Messages

Il y a 2 y

Is anyone from SimpliSafe checking this forum? We need to have you provide us with a fix for this very critical part of your monitoring package that we are paying for and no longer getting. Just a simple response to let your customers know what is happening and if there is a timeline for the fix. As others have said I don't like paying for something I am not getting.

8 Messages

Il y a 2 y

Dear Simplisafe:
It's not simple and I don't feel safe. Perhaps it's not clear that we're upset that our alarm systems don't monitor and alert us (one of the primary functions of an alarm system). And perhaps just a few responses on here aren't enough to warrant this being an important enough problem to fix so maybe if each of us takes a few extra minutes every time we are annoyed at trying to reset and re-verifying SMS verifications (it works sometimes, sometimes not. Now email verifications dropped off altogether) and just post here every time we have to perform a manual runaround to get our "simply safe' alarms to work you just might take this problem seriously.

DAY 15 of ALARM NOTIFICATIONS NOT FUNCTIONING PROPERLY.

2 Messages

Il y a 2 y

Same problem here, began at the same time everyone else is stating.  Hours spent with support to no avail.  They sent me a new base station, no improvement.

Fix the problem, Simplisafe.  It's not as simple as switching to push alerts - those don't work either!

8 Messages

Il y a 2 y

DAY 16 ALARM NOTIFICATIONS NOT FUNCTIONING.

21 Messages

Il y a 2 y

Johnny -

You stated "...SimpliSafe's Smart Alerts through SMS Text go through each individual carrier's web-to-text gateway. The issue is really that we send so many near-identical messages that your carrier might slow down or block delivery entirely, as part of their efforts to reduce spam."

It seems that if phone carriers are mistaking SimpiSafe alert texts as spam then SimpliSafe should reach out to the carriers and work towards an agreement that white-lists incoming SimpliSafe web-to-text gateway messages.

I think that we, as SimpliSafe customers, want reliable text alerts. The text alerts are an important feature that I have come to value more than the app notification.

I have family members who do not use the SimpliSafe app but do listen for SimpliSafe text alerts.

Please get this fixed for us.

Thanks

8 Messages

Il y a 2 y

Kept a verified # for over 24 hours, but even though numbers are all verified, notifications still not working.

16 Messages

Il y a 2 y

FYI, for the last 2 days they have been working for me. I got an update to the app (Android) 3 days ago. I had to go back in an verify my phone number, but for the last 2 days both texts and push notifications are working for me.

14 Messages

Il y a 2 y

Still Not Working for me.
I did receive an email notification last night when the system was armed but NO ALERTS OF ANY TYPE THIS MORNING when the system was disarmed.