V

Tue, Jul 28, 2020 5:41 AM

Not Getting Text Messages From Simplisafe

hi all,

I have not received any text messages when arming and disarming my SS3 system.

Is there an outage on Simplisafe side regarding to sending out text messages?

Thanks

8 Messages

Il y a 2 y

It's astonishing to me that it is TWENTY DAYS NOTIFICATIONS AREN'T WORKING PROPERLY. My clients would have a major issue and my company would be raked over the coals if basic functionality wasn't working for 20 straight days. But, here we are and "Johnny' has been very quiet.

16 Messages

Il y a 2 y

I guess I spoke too soon. Texts were working reliably for  couple of days, but now they are back to only working 50% of the time. Push notifications do seem to be still working.

I'm not sure why it is taking Simplisafe so long to fix the problem.

2 Messages

Il y a 2 y

Same problem since early August. I'm with T-Mobile and never had this problem before but now daily I get an app notification that my cell number needs to be "verified'.

1 Message

I believe Simplisafe made some sort of system update around the July time frame that has caused us all to have SMS text notification issues.  I have had multiple calls with their Tech support pertaining to this same issue in the last week although the issue began in July.  I am constantly having to have my number re-verified.  The longest period the messages have worked has been a day.  I just got off the phone with Tech support today, (9/11/20) after being put on hold for an hour.  I was  given the same play book as everyone else, check with your provider, use the app etc.  I hadn't look to see if other people were having the same issue as myself until a few minutes ago.  Based on my conversation with the Tech person and the assistance she supposedly was receiving from her back office support persons, she would have me believe this is the first they have heard of this problem.  Then I found these post about the SMS isssues as well as app issues from months ago.  There is obviously a problem with their system.  Prior to all of this I had a favorable view of Simplisafe as a company.  Treating customers who have been loyal to you this way is certainly not the way to keep them.  They need to own the fact that they have an issue and contact people affected to let them know when a solution is found they will notify us.  Mean while they should be crediting us for paying for services we are not receiving.  Since they farmed out their monitoring services, if you receive a call from them pertaining to an alarm, they can not tell you which exact sensor was involved in the alarm therefore, it not easy to determine if there was a problem the police should be dispatched for.  False alarms cost $50 in Florida.  FIX THIS PROBLEM SOON!

8 Messages

Il y a 2 y

21 days now. You can do better than this, Simplisafe.

Community Admin

• 

3.1K Messages

Il y a 2 y

Hello folks,

Thanks so much for updating. We have seen an uptick specifically in alerts going to T-Mobile phones (through other channels as well), so we know that carrier that is having an issue. We continue to investigate.

Again, we strongly recommend, for those who are able, to switch to Push Notifications through the SimpliSafe app.

@Waldron
You did mention that email notifications are not working well for you either, so that's a different issue entirely. We're requested a call for you so that our Support team can look into your account.

Johnny M.
SimpliSafe Home Security

16 Messages

Johnny,

First, there is a huge difference between push and text. If your phone is off, you do not get a push when you turn it on...you do (or *should* when working) get the text.

Please stop pushing these two solutions as equivalent.

Second, it seems you/Simplisafe are still not taking responsibility for this problem. We are seeing this across carriers, not just T-Mobile. The fact that you/Simplisafe are not taking responsibility means you/Simplisafe are not working on a solution, which means it will be that much longer before we have a fix.

Please let us know exactly what you/Simplisafe are doing to fix this problem.

Il y a 2 y

Had the no text alerts. I switched from Verizon to Spectrum for phone service. Although Spectrum uses Verizon towers, texts didn't come thru. Just spoke with a Simplisafe CSR and he changed my cell preferences to page one/straight talk. Everything seems to be working for the moment.

1 Message

Il y a 2 y

Text alert issue -- HACK JOB?  Like so many other Simplisafe customers we have been having LOTS of problems with not receiving text messages the last few weeks, and that is with both Verizon and T-mobile.  This is very obviously a Simplisafe issue and not an issue with carriers.  I just sent an e-mail to Simplisafe to alert them to the fact that this problem has all the hallmarks of a hack job.  No doubt a security provider like Simplisafe is bombarded with attempted hacks every day, and it looks like one of those attacks has succeeded. Simplisafe needs to be honest with their customers and own up to the real problem instead of blame shifting and changing their story over and over.  Simplisafe has violated the trust of their customers and they risk a class action lawsuit if they don't tell their customers what the problem really is and fix it.  They need to fairly compensate us all for their failure to provide promised services for nearly a month.

Il y a 2 y

See how many instances just in Aug 2020 reporting ' not received TEXT (SMS) alerts' when SimpliSafe system Armed or Disarmed !!!
I believe, this company is SLACKING in resolving issue by blaming the customers cell phone carriers!!!
Ignoring customers' complaints means OTHER competitors' increased business - very frankly!!
write email/tweet on following and make your case and let the world know..
simplisafe@launchsquad.com
press@simplisafe.com
@SimpliSafe
@Simplisafe_UK

14 Messages

Il y a 2 y

SimpliSafe Support Team...any update on your progress to correct the problem that many of your subscribers are having in not receiving ANY SMS TEXT MESSAGES FROM OUR SIMPLISAFE SYSTEMS?
I am having to verify my mobile # on Simplisafe almost daily. My carrier is T-Mobile but I know from the comments on the forums that this is also happening on other carriers.
WE NEED THIS TO BE RESOLVED.

1 Message

Il y a 2 y

Same here, no texts for over a month now. Emailed Simplisafe and got the same "update app, reinstall app, make sure SMS is on" etc. Resolved nothing, I have to verify my numbers everyday, will work once or twice and then have to verify again. I don't know about Simplisafe any longer, I have had issues multiple times now after updates, etc. and it takes a while to get them corrected. If this isn't fixed soon I will go through the expenses all over again but I will get myself another system.

Still waiting for those exterior cameras they always promised to. WTH, no way to run a business. Someone will always be waiting to eat your lunch and I might just give them mine.

8 Messages

Il y a 2 y

Had a push notification fix for a week. A rep reached out from SimpliSafe to try to solve my problem and somehow was informed that I/others were having the SMS issue, but didn't seem to understand that all notifications stopped working. Once he did, his recommendation was to uninstall and reinstall the SimpliSafe app. It did work--for a week.

SIMPLISAFE: the solution to bugs and errors in your system is not for your users to constantly have to verify, uninstall, reinstall, and update all of their settings all the time. How can we escalate this to be an issue that you care about and work to fix rather than just making it user problems or assuming user error. THIS SYSTEM WORKED BEFORE AND NO LONGER WORKS PROPERLY. That is *not* user error and push notifications not working within the app is *not* T-Mobile's fault (especially when I'm on wi-fi).

3 Messages

Il y a 2 y

This has to be a carrier issue.  I have not been having any issues with text notifications swapped to T mobile this week and since then I am not receiving texts and keep having to verify my number.  I have set up to receive emails also but not receiving email so not really sure on that one. Makes it sound like it could be a an issue with SimpliSafe and just happened to start for me after I swapped to T-Mobile

1 Message

Il y a 2 y

If you have T-mobile, it is most likely the Tmobile NAME ID/spam blocking services.  I checked the app and noticed that the system/app was blocking the confirmations from the SMS text "numbers" like 288-### or etc.  Just like the numbers you get confirmation texts from when you are verifying your phone number from banks/online/credit cards/etc.

I unblocked them and then my alerts started working again.  Just thought I'd share to see if this helps for anyone.

16 Messages

I have T-Mobile and I get text messages fine *until* my number is randomly "not verified" anymore. So basically I have to check daily to see if SimpliSafe has unverified my number and then verify it again.

I don't see how that can be carrier related.

I am use the Scam Shield and see no blocked calls or texts from SimpliSaffe.

My problem is the number becomes unverified.

14 Messages

Il y a 2 y

I also have T-Mobile and have to "re-verify" my phone numbers daily to get the SMS Texts to work. I do not have the Scam Blocking activated on my account so that is not the problem.
I agree with meangen that Simplisafe needs to step up and admit that they have a problem and get it fixed NOW.
I am not going to continue with Simplisafe if they can't provide the service I am paying for.

8 Messages

Il y a 2 y

Has anyone had any luck with the text alerts issue? I contacted SimpliSafe on 9/18/20 and they had no clue. I haven't had text alerts for a couple of weeks. I went through the exact process as Meangen outlined above. Please let me know of any updates or fixes. I'm so disgusted with SimpliSafe that I'm just about ready to toss the system in the trash and start a class action suit or something. Anything to get SimpliSafe's attention to a critical part of their system not functioning as advertised. Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.