V

Tue, Jul 28, 2020 5:41 AM

Not Getting Text Messages From Simplisafe

hi all,

I have not received any text messages when arming and disarming my SS3 system.

Is there an outage on Simplisafe side regarding to sending out text messages?

Thanks

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

Il y a 2 y

^ I'm pretty sure there isn't a solution yet, or someone would have posted it.  Try to hang in there, you can also call SS and ask the rep to find out from a supervisor how far the engineers are getting on this issue.

1 Message

Il y a 2 y

I too am having issues. Two systems, two users.  Both Verizon.  Very inconsistent in getting text messages.  Agree with previous post that Push is COMPLETELY irrelevant suggestion -- who sits with the App open and phone on all the time?  Between the two accounts, two phones, one phone has alerts set for both systems and is working, the other will not allow one of the systems to verify the text.  That does not sound like a Verizon issue.  SS support just asked me to contact Verizon.  I like SS but without the notification text feature this is a complete waste of money.  Please, SS fix this issue!

23 Messages

Il y a 2 y

I am having the same issues! I have Verizon and for the past month email alerts won't work unless I verify! Have verified many times and would last for about 3 days and then goes to "unverified" in settings. Now I try to set push or SMS text messages and Push won't work and SMS can't verify phone. Never got a code for SMS and resend code nothing happens! SS, all I can say is get your act together or am going elsewhere! This is supposed to be a "Security" system and pay good money every month and if something happens and I am not alerted, what good is this? SimplySafe, you need to address this major issue that many of us have, recently. You need to be transparent and keeping us informed and NOT blaming a third party, unless it's your vendor. Either way, send out email, phone calls or whatever means to communicate to us that there is a problem and keep us updated on progress! Charging 24.99/mo for something that does not work is considered fraud unless you communicate and act on these issues. I am hoping you govern yourselves properly.

8 Messages

Il y a 2 y

Here's the most interesting thing about this problem. Total silence from SimpliSafe. Also, the text alert feature is only available when you have the $24.95 monthly monitoring service. Yet, text alerts are nonexistent as is SimpliSafe support. I'm just about done. At this point SimpliSafe SimpliSucks! In fact, that's how I will refer to this company until this is resolved. Heck, it would be great if SimpliSucks catches on. Maybe it will get their attention or something. Nothing else has.

23 Messages

SimpliSucks caught on with me @webslammer! After talking with support just now about these issues he acknowledged that there is a known issue. I explained in detail that I can't get SMS messages or even a verification code. He tried to push it on their end to no avail. He told me to hold for a few minutes to "research" this and after 10 minutes I was disconnected! I have been with SS for over 4 years and have installed over 1100.00 of SS3 equipment and not even a call back! I'm with you and just about done with SS! If this isn't resolved I'm going with Ring! FYI, I looked into the Ring system and with their full blown monitoring plan it's $10.00/mo. Just about 180.00/yr savings than this.

16 Messages

B757Driver, Ring is actually cheaper than $10/mo...if you pay for the year it is only $100...so just over $8/mo.

I too am moving to Ring in a few weeks if this isn't resolved.

181 Messages

Research carefully.  I like and use Ring products but their alarm is just a toy.  They don't even have glass break sensors!  I'm looking around and have narrowed it down to Cove or Abode.  Good luck with your choice.

23 Messages

Thanks for the Ring pricing @simplisafe_840! I was just comparing the monthly fees vs SS and yes that is yet a better deal! I'm giving SS two more weeks and if theses issues are not fixed, I'm out as well.

23 Messages

Thanks @ronsec! I have Ring doorbell and works great! I agree that Ring is lacking glass break sensors at this time. I checked out Cove and Abode and like them both as well! I may lean towards the Abode as it works with HomeKit as we are all Apple here! I shouldn't be looking around for a new system but I have lost all trust in SimpliSafe's support, functionality and most of all pricing. Good luck as well!

1 Message

Il y a 2 y

I have been unable to log into the mobile app for about two months now. Tech support cannot fix this unexplained problem. I am not receiving any any type of alerts text, push,  nor email. I am beginning to wonder if I made the right choice picking Simplisafe as a security system.

1 Message

Il y a 2 y

I have been w SimplySafe for over 6 years... I have coped w their growing pains and numerous issues....   I upgraded to the new system last year and bought my parents a system as well this year.

Unfortunately as of a couple weeks ago for no apparent reason, I lost all SMS , push , and email correspondence,  So now I have an alarm system that wont alert me at all....  

After calling in I was told it was my carriers fault.  However even trying to set my parameters thru the SS site or app, neither works to even verify a phone number.

This is clearly a SimpliSafe issue.  My carrier says there is nothing on their end regarding blocking texts.  This is further confirmed by the fact that I cant get email or push notifications.

Perhaps , there are better choices ....  unless SS steps up and resolves their issues, I will be a large proponent in making sure everyone knows this is a system that is useless in providing the obvious assurance and piece of mind when buying an alarm system.

23 Messages

Service update is what I've been told by a senior SS rep this evening. As one of all of us experiencing these issues, I called SS again and after demanding to get to someone who "knows" what's happening and after three transfers I finally got to a woman named Kris. She totally knows about the issue and says that SS is upgrading their network from 2G to 4G on the cellular end. Most of us here have SS3 base stations and either with a Verizon or T-Mobile cellular module installed. Most if not all have a 2G card installed and SS now has the new 4G card to ship out to us and says very easy to install. My order was placed and verified it online through my account that it is on the way 3-5 days via FedEx. This is a start to fix this issue and hopefully will be the end to resolve! If you have SS3, call and request a new 4G base station module be sent to you.  I'm not stopping until this is resolved and I will be sure to post updates as I get them. After thinking twice about jumping ship from SS to something else, I'm staying onboard with SS for now. After tons of research, Ring, Abode and Cove have nothing on SS3! I've gotten push and email alerts back, just waiting on SMS text's. The other's don't even support all three.

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

Il y a 2 y

^  I'm kind of wondering if the 4G module is actually the fix to all the folks with the text message problems.  First, this has been an issue off and on for years (minus the verifying your phone code) - and with all carriers, long before the 2G sunset .  Second, is every single person with the text message/verify phone/email problem on a 2G module right now?  Only SS has that answer unless every single user posts which module they are using, and which version (SS2 vs SS3).

How many times has SS told us over the last year or so, that only SS2 users will require a new 4G compatible SIM/module because SS3 systems were already preinstalled with 4G compatible SIMS?  Yet, over the last year, we've seen countless SS3 users require a new 4G module.  Makes me wonder what else we all need to know and more importantly,  why the *$@# doesn't SS ever give front-and-center page notice of things that affect a percentage of users?  The reliance on text messaging is critical to security, SS! (hopefully you'll credit all the folks who have paid for, but not received the service).

23 Messages

Well said, @coltmaster1! SS needs to be transparent on all of their deficiencies in service to us, the paying customer. Not sure if the 4G module will correct the text issue but awaiting the arrival of it this week. As far as a credit, I complained and SS credited my account for two months monitoring service. If we all do this than maybe SS will get their act together by not issuing credits but fix the long standing issues and provide us the service we deserve and pay for!

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

Il y a 2 y

I actually hope the 4G module works, and please do post your results when you know?

I agree, I would think after the odd-dollars spent on free monitoring for customer complaints, it would be more productive financially as well as to their reputation, to focus on direct fixes in a timely manner rather than wait until 100's of customers threaten to leave.  Transparency has not been their strong point, unfortunately!

23 Messages

4G module received and installed today. A Verizon SIM card was pre-installed in it as well. Easy to install in the SS3 base station. Put in test mode with battery backup and no wifi enabled and SS received signal. Restored power and wifi and SS3 base saw it all. Now for the Text alerts... Opened the SS app on my iPhone and went to settings, alerts and notifications and my SMS alerts still said unverified phone number. I pressed verify and then hit re-send code, and to my surprise the magic 4 digit code came through, entered it and cell number was verified! Also email and push are now working flawlessly so far. I will continue to post here if any issues return.

2 Messages

Il y a 2 y

Verizon resolution provided for users not receiving text messages after 3 contacts with SS.  Tested the following instructions for my son's phone and it worked.  Hopefully it work for you all as well.

All you need to do is change the way it is being sent to you. Your phone number has an email and if we just enter the 10-digit your mobile number followed by @vtext.com (e.g., 9495551212@vtext.com)

Just follow these steps to fix this issue:

1. Log into your account.
2. Go to your alerts.
3. We need to change the alert type to email and SMS.
4. Then enter your phone number and the email address for your phone number I described earlier. So your number @vtext.com.

This allows us to send an email to your phone number and your carrier will send it as a text to your number.

23 Messages

@vinnimatthews, I didn't have to do that at all. Not sure what fixed my issue as I am on Verizon as well but I sure didn't have to add a suffix to my phone number. If that is working for you, great!

2 Messages

Il y a 2 y

Sadly, still having issues. Did a complete reinstall/location something after Simplisafe reached out and I already have a 4g base so that's not the issue. Husband accidentally triggered alarm last week and zero notifications. We did turn it off before the 30 second mark, so monitoring wasn't triggered. But, would expect some sort of notification for an alarm from an, ahem, alarm company. I don't often say "you had one job," but seriously Simplisafe if you can't notify folks when their alarm is going off....

Obviously text still don't work unless we update it EVERY SINGLE DAY but even push notifications only sometimes work. Even for alarms. Sigh. So, now I get to uninstall our entire "alarm" system and send it back.

2 Messages

Il y a 2 y

Finally seems to be working. I updated to get the push notifications and verified my [T-Mobile] number now 2 weeks ago and am getting both text and push messages again. Hoping it stays this way--thanks for whatever fix caused it to work again, Simplisafe.