gregter's profile

Fri, Sep 17, 2021 1:49 AM

Outdoor Camera Worthless

It detects cars on the street I have blocked out, but yet I drive my car up the driveway directly in front of the camera and nothing. Walk down the driveway to check the mail and back, jumped up and down, waving my arms in the air like a wildman,  nothing. Set to all motion on high sensitivity. Medium/people only makes no difference. WTF really?  Sending everything back.

40 Messages

1 y ago

Update: I walked down the driveway at night and the spotlight came on. Still no notification or anything on the timeline.

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

1 y ago

@gregter Detection works fine and I get notifications on my outdoor cam, and purchased a 2nd.  Do you get notificatons on anything else? ie doorbell pro?  Are the notifications supposed to come on push notifications from the app, SMS texts or emails?

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

1 y ago

Hi gregter,

We do have a firmware update for the camera coming up that might help some of what you're talking about. That's on the way soon.

But in the meantime, have we already considered a simple replacement? Our Support team at 800-548-9508 would be happy to send one out. It's possible that this is an issue with your specific hardware, since the issue doesn't seem to be very widespread.

- Johnny M.
SimpliSafe Home Security

86 Messages

1 y ago

My blocked out zones are ignored also. I hope this firmware update improves things. My battery died after 36 hours; I guess due to all the activity it was sensing. I just got home after being out of town for 6 days. Will install fresh battery tomorrow and recheck things.

16 Messages

1 y ago

I agree with the outdoor camera being worthless. It's a turd, if you can tolerate my language and frustration. I am on my the 3rd replacement camera. It detects a car driving past my house, a distance of about 40 feet, but will not detect a person walking on my sidewalk or a person until they are about 10 feet from the camera! WORTHLESS!

I want my $160 back!!!!!!!!

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

1 y ago

@taviking22 mine works fine so something is causing an issue. What did support say when you called to troubleshoot? Also, just return it under the 60 warranty and get your money back if necessary.

16 Messages

Glad you are satisfied with your camera. You must have gotten the pick of the litter!

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

1 y ago

@ taviking22 don't know if it makes a difference, but mine is powered by the optional AC adapter. Again, what did support say when you called to troubleshoot?