kamillarifkin's profile

Fri, Jan 21, 2022 6:53 PM

Power outage notification

Will my system notify me of a power outage? If so how will it notify me? Will it be saved in my timeline indefinitely?Thanks 

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

7 m ago

Hi kamillarifkin,

Yes, the Base Station will send a signal to the Monitoring Service when power is interrupted, and when the built-in rechargeable batteries take over. You can get a Push Notification for that event through the SimpliSafe app.

But do keep in mind that the signal needs to be sent through either your Base Station's built-in cellular connection, or your home's WiFi.

If WiFi is taken down, the signal can only go through the cell signal. This is why we'd recommend subscribing to Monitoring Service, which is what enables that backup cell connection.

1 Message

@davey_d​ Is there a specific way to set this up?  I'm chatting with SimpliSafe support right now and they're telling me that "Normally it doesn't notify when the system loses power."

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

@jagodar142​ I'm afraid you were given inaccurate info. Are you saying that the Power Outage is not coming up for you when your Base Station is unplugged?

1 Message

3 m ago

additionally, why would it continue to say power outage once the power has been restored?

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

@lenzingers​ the system should not be showing a Power Outage warning if the power has been restored.