djdanno's profile

Thu, May 26, 2022 4:17 PM

Prices Going Up Up Up

I've been told that a recent price increase that was dumped on us last month was due to "enhancements at the call center." Okay, what specific enhancements merited the price increase? I've tried asking customer service, and they cannot provide an answer other that what I've quoted above. If there was reason to increase prices, certainly they can point to specific enhancements... I mean... at least one. Did they get better Internet? Better phones? Better employees? What? What specifically am I paying for with the additional dollars you've increased on our plans. Give me some specifics so I know what I'm paying for.

1 Message

Il y a 2 m

My price increased by 17%; no notification of any kind....

2 Messages

@ajarvelo​ I was lucky enough to get an email, but even then it was along the lines of "You'll see our price increase on your next bill." That's simply unacceptable. They should have made the increase known months before that. 

"we’re writing to let you know that your current monitoring plan is increasing by $3/month, effective as of your next billing cycle after 5/10/22. Your new plan price will be $17.99/month. This is the first time in over 10 years that we have raised subscription prices. Doing so will allow us to continue investing in new products, features, and functionality to improve your experience and security."

I'm sorry, but new products, features, and functionality all have additional prices connected to them. They have been unable to provide even a single specific detail in regards to "improve your experience and security." So, I'm now paying for improved security. Okay, BUT WHAT INCREASED SECURITY? Specifically, what?