K

Sun, Jan 12, 2020 2:55 AM

Problems with billing & getting in touch with Customer Service

ALL I need to know is if SimpliSafe is having issues with their billing ?? I keep receiving messages saying I need to update my billing information, when I do it reverts to being blank and I receive the message every single time I try to update billing information. I've called customer service and:

I've been on hold now 3 times (45 minutes, 30 minutes and now-going on 15 minutes) connected with customer service ONCE, gave them my "safe" word and phone number, suddenly the agent couldn't hear me and said he would hang up and call me back--no call back for 20 minutes, when I received the call back nothing...no music, no live person, just silence. I stayed on the line for 5 minutes, but nothing.

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

3年前

Yes, there have been others with reports of issues.  Unfortunately, you have to keep trying to call them - yes, their phone system sucks - try calling at 9 am (ET) when they first open in the mornings, and press #1 for sales, hopefully someone will answer sooner.

1.3K Messages

3年前

Dunno if it will help, but some things you can try...

Have you cleared your browser cache?
Have you tried a different browser?

4 Messages

3年前

We have had this issue for over 6 months.  Each month we get an email that the card needs to be re-entered... doesnt matter if updated on the app or website or which browser we use, same issue every month.

The last call I got this month I stated we would not be re-entering the card info until we get a better answer from Simplisafe, it has been the same card for over 4 years... no other vendors have issues processing autopay on this card.

50 Messages

I had the exact issues as you. SS threatened to cancel my service. I could never get in touch on the phone to talk about why my CC wouldn't update automatically. I sent numerous emails only to be told to update manually on the SS website. I also tried this only to receive a message the next month that SS couldn't process my card. My card is the same card I have had for 10 years with no issues from any other vendors.

I resigned to let my service expire, then one day I accidently set off my alarm while testing the system. SS called me as usual and assisted me with my sensor issue. I figured that hey since I'm actually talking to a live agent, what better time than now to bring up the billing issues and inability to reach anyone at SS to resolve the issue.

The agent apologized and updated my CC again and gave me two free months of monitoring for my troubles. Time will tell if the system will automatically bill me when my two free months of monitoring is up. So in conclusion if you can't reach SS support just set off your alarm and let them call you, it worked for me.

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

3年前

It's also a problem when updating the exp date on the card - I had that problem with SS - a rep said they could not determine why their system would not update when I manually entered it - that was a few months ago.  Apparently, this and the risk they are taking with a possible bug or exploit are not a priority to them!

1 Message

3年前

the wait time is unacceptable.  I am very disappointed and contemplating leaving to another service.

Advocate

• 

636 Messages

3年前

I resigned to let my service expire, then one day I accidently set off my alarm while testing the system. SS called me as usual and assisted me with my sensor issue. I figured that hey since I'm actually talking to a live agent, what better time than now to bring up the billing issues and inability to reach anyone at SS to resolve the issue.

That is strange, as you would not be speaking to SimpliSafe in the above scenario, but C.O.P.S. Monitoring (two separate entities).

Edit: Perhaps it was due to your system being in test mode is why you received a call from SimpliSafe?

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

3年前

^  Both calls would be from Monitoring, would they not? (alarm event AND test mode)

Part of the problem and confusion for some customers is that COPS Monitoring often calls identifying themselves as Simplisafe which needs to change because they are two separate companies.

Advocate

• 

541 Messages

3年前

@coltmaster yes you are 100% right, i just initiated a test on mine and me and my 9 year old was doing the test and got a call from c.o.p.s monitoring center phone number i have in my contacts and they answered as this is simplisafe verifying the test mode signal but it was not ss it was the cops monitoring company.

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

3年前

Thanks for double-checking, Lance, I've had them identify as SS many many times, and it always seemed weird and wrong to me.  I would think, for legal purposes, since SS is so legal-retentive, they would have calls properly identified by the caller (COPS Monitoring).

Advocate

• 

2.2K Messages

3年前

Perhaps COPS is a "contractor" for SS, and when they make a call for a SS alarm, they are in the "role" of SS

1.2K Messages

3年前

Answering services work the same way, which is essentially what COPS is.  They contract themselves out to anyone wanting to use their services.  The operators will see in the alarm info on their computer which company's customer just fell into their lap so they likely answer that call using that companies information.  

https://www.copsmonitoring.com/about/

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

3年前

I understand the contracting business aspect - I'm just saying it's confusing for users -  there have been several reports where users had to hold either COPS or SS responsible for alarms or COPS not calling, and they've had to cut through red tape to get either a resolution or, for documentation purposes.  (plus, it can get pretty confusing when users here on the forum are talking about the wrong company).  Just wish it were more black & white when identifying the caller whether it's COPS or SS.