R

Fri, Jan 8, 2021 9:33 AM

Push Notification stopped working

Hi,

Has anybody else stopped receiving Push notifications on their phones from Simplisafe?

It was working fine for me, until yesterday evening. Email notifications are still working, but push notifications have stopped. They're enabled in the App - all three types of Syste Alerts. I've switched the settings off and back on, restarted the App and restarted the phone but no joy.

This is on Android 11 on a Pixel 3a with Simplisafe version 3.41.0 (which was updated to that version on my phone yesterday).

Thanks

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

Il y a 2 y

@rleeden you appear to have company. Just read your post and opened my garage door (have an entry sensor on it that sends secret alert when opened) and got it in my timeline but no notification. I am on Android 11 on a Pixel 4a soo.......

Let's see how long it takes the SS team to post here.

On the phone now with support.  Answered in seconds.

Agent very polite and nice, created IT tix to submit and send to the server team.  Advised me ticket should be addressed within 3-4 hours and someone will get back to me within 24 hours.

6 Messages

Il y a 2 y

@Captain11 Thanks for confirming it's not just me!

I haven't got round to phoning them yet, but will do later today. Might be useful for them to have a few people report to show it's not an isolated issue.

I don't know, but I wonder if it's related to a problem with duplicate notifications that is being reported in this thread - https://simplisafe.co.uk/forum/customer-support-forum/installing-and-using-simplisafe/duplicate-doorbell-camera-not

It seems that their problem was resolved yesterday with an App update ... which may have broken push notifications for us!

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

Il y a 2 y

@rleeden also the Android 11 January security update was just released; I applied it yesterday. Coincidence, don't know.  

I called and a service ticket was generated, so you shouldn't have to call.

The good: rep picked up in seconds so all I can say "great job" on that aspect from SS. 24 hours on a ticket turnaround doesn't have me too impressed but at least the agents now have a documented process to follow.  Now if only the CRC can be put in so we could have checked  system status on our own, and if all else failed, online chat support.

And a nice posting here from the SS team.

Have a good day.

9 Messages

Il y a 2 y

Hi both,

I am having exactly the same problem and my push notifications also stopped working after the SS app update. I am running it on a Galaxy S10 and it was working perfectly fine until last night.

I have also called the technical support and they suggested to test uninstalling and installing again, I have done that multiple times and nothing works. I have installed the app on my work iPhone and it works perfectly there so it seems to be an Android specific issue.

In addition, I also noticed if I try to set up SMS alerts from the SS app directly on my phone, it does not send me the necessary text message with the required verification code either so I would have to do it through the web browser.

Clearly seems like this update broke the capacity of the app to trigger notifications overall.

Hope we hear back with an update soon.

Have a good day.

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

Il y a 2 y

@cdanielm @rleeden if its 3 of us it isn't on our end.  SS is aware of it and should be working on it. For now I am going to turn on emails at the website and sit tight.

Update: Thought about it a bit longer and decided not to turn on emails.  Not touching anything until I hear back from SS tech support.

One thing though: Where is the crack, elite Simplisafe Social Team???

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

Il y a 2 y

Hi folks,

Thanks for checking in. After conferring with our dev team, we have identified the issue, which seems to stem from a recent update fix for the Android version of the app. Only a small number of users are affected. We're on the case, so keep an eye out for a new update soon.

In the meantime, as noted, Smart Alerts via SMS and email are not affected. We suggest using these alternatives until we have Push Notifications back up for you.

- Johnny M.
SimpliSafe Home Security

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

Thanks Johnny M. As this thread will be buried in the forums quickly, any chance of putting a sticky in the forums while SS continues to develop that CRC? Or even an email to affected customers?

6 Messages

Hi,

Thanks for the update Johnny.

And as @cdanielm noted, when trying to enable SMS alerts the required verification text is never received. I don't really want to use text messages, and will rely on emails for the meantime, but thought it worth a mention that I can't get SMS alerts to work either.

14 Messages

Any updates on a fix for the Push Notification on Android phones yet?
Have not received any for a week or so.
I am currently on hold on the Tech Support line with Mary who is checking also. She did not indicate she was aware of this problem being a widespread one...
Thank you

9 Messages

Il y a 2 y

Thank you for mentioning that rleeden. I was just wondering if the update will also solve that issue?

Kind regards

9 Messages

Il y a 2 y

@ Johnny M. is there any update on this? I have received an update to the app but this has not fixed the problem either notifications or the ability to receive the verification text for activation of the SMS alerts. Do you have any timelines for the deployment of the new version? Sorry to chase but of course this is an important matter from a perspective of the functionality of the system.

I don't know if rleeden and Captain11 you are still experiencing the same issues?

Cheers

6 Messages

@cdanielm it's been working OK for me for a few days now - since Monday I think. Getting one push notification as expected.

I've not tried activating SMS alerts again.

9 Messages

@rleeden thank you for your reply. Did you have to do anything specifically to get it working other than installing the update? I had it working for a few days but it is not working again

Community Admin

• 

469 Messages

Il y a 2 y

Hi @cdanielm,

The issue that the other customers on this post were having with not receiving Push Notifications, was due to an issue on our end that was quickly resolved. Push Notification service for our Android customers was restored in the evening on the 11th. If you are still having issues receiving Push Notifications, we recommend first uninstalling and reinstalling the SimpliSafe app and then setting up your Push Notifications again through ‚ò∞ Menu -> Settings -> Alerts & Notifications. If that doesn't fix the issue then try contacting our Support Team to see if they can help troubleshoot your issue.

While SMS alerts can be set up through the SimpliSafe app, they work independently from each other. If you are unable to receive these SMS alerts or even the verification code, first make sure that you are able to receive SMS from email through your cellular provider's Email to SMS Gateway. You can easily test out your ability to do so by sending an email to your 10 digit phone number @ your carrier's gateway. For example, if your phone number was 800-548-9508 and your provider was Verizon you would send an email to 8005489508@vtext.com. This email should then arrive on your cell phone as an SMS.

SimpliSafe Social Team
SimpliSafe Home Security

9 Messages

Hi Simplisafe Team,

Unfortunately I have tried various different things and I can say that none of them have solved the issue and I still do not receive push notifications.

To reiterate I am using a Samsung Galaxy S10 and I have the latest version of the Simplisafe app which already accounts for the update of the 11th which you say has fixed this bug. I have tried the following and none of these solved the problem:

1. Logout - uninstall the app - restart - install the app
2. Deactivate and activate the notifications again
3. Add the simplisafe app to the list of apps which will not be put to sleep
4. Give all possible permissions to the simplisafe app

I can reiterate that all notifications are active and I don't receive any. I only receive notifications if camera motion is detected, but when the alarm is armed or disarmed I receive no notifications.

With regards to the SMS alerts verification text, I believe this is another issue with the android app. If i send the notification either from the Web App or from the simplisafe app installed on my work iphone, I do receive the verification SMS on my android, but if I try to send it directly from the app on my android device it won't work.

I am happy to contact the technical team but they were not able to help the first time we reported these issues. It would be good if you could investigate further if the solution provided in your latest update is functional for most android devices.

14 Messages

Il y a 2 y

Hi. I have been having the same problems and have not been receiving Push Notifications on my Galaxy S8 for a week or so. I have tried all of the suggested fixes, reboot, uninstall, etc several times but still nothing. Everything is enabled on my phone.
I see the problem is common for Android users and Simplisafe says they are working on it.
Any idea on the fix and when we can expect it?
Thanks

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

Il y a 2 y

Hi all,

A small update on this issue, since our previous:
Thanks for checking in. After conferring with our dev team, we have identified the issue, which seems to stem from a recent update fix for the Android version of the app. Only a small number of users are affected. We're on the case, so keep an eye out for a new update soon.
In the meantime, as noted, Smart Alerts via SMS and email are not affected. We suggest using these alternatives until we have Push Notifications back up for you.

The last Android update got us part of the way through getting the issue resolved, but we're still working on a fix on the server end. That should be going up very soon!

- Johnny M.
SimpliSafe Home Security

3 Messages

Il y a 2 y

Been having the same problem with push notifications.  Followed the instructions to uninstall and then re-install the app.  WTF??  It now appears I have to completely reenter all my system information because nothing shows on the dashboard.  No cameras, no sensors, nothing.  Not the kind of experience I want.  Have entered my user name and password and nothing.  And when I try to connect with Simplisafe via computer all I get is a "Connecting to Simpliesafe" screen

Clean up your act Simplisafe!!!  The answer from your 'technical team' sucked to say the least.  I expect better!!!

3 Messages

Il y a 2 y

After all that nd still NO push notifications!!!

1 Message

Il y a 2 y

I have followed all recommendations and I cannot get Push Notifications on my Pixel 4XL. This has been going on for over a week.

Any update on this issue?

82 Messages

Il y a 2 y

Same with me.  Android 11, updated app, no push notifications, and on multiple devices.

Clearly the "fix" recently applied to stop duplicate notifications resulted in no notifications...