amgisclair's profile

Sun, Apr 10, 2022 9:41 PM

Rude Technical Support

Every single time I call and have a problem the technical support is rude and ignorant and has no idea. I either have to figure it out myself or (happened once) I get connected to an english speaking supervisor that was actually helping me and solved my problem and confirmed that what I was told by the first person was untrue. My current problem is that my base station does not cover my whole house and I am trying to figure out how to make it work. Actually, the base station is not far away from where it doesn't work but 2 thick walls are in between. I bought another base station to set up in that part of the house but the basestation won't connect to my phone. They wany me to register another account for monitoring to get that base station exchanged/working. I refuse to have two monitoring accounts for the same house. I also thought that I can have that second base station activated but no monitoring is neccessary. I am short of throwing this whole system out and get one that actually works for me. The issue with condescending technical support is not helping me to want to stay with them! 

Official Solution

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

4 m ago

Hello @amgisclair ,

Apologies for the experience. All of our Support staff speak English only. But of course, I have reported your feedback to our Support team leadership for further review.

It sounds like the main issue with your system is severe physical interference. Our sensors are fully wireless, and that signal will naturally have trouble trying to pass through more dense materials - such as brick or adobe walls, mesh in the insulation, or heavy metal appliances. The only possible solution is to move the Base Station or sensors so that the interfering material is no longer in the way.

Sadly, having two Base Stations is not going to be helpful here. The Base Station (the tower) is the core of the system, and there can be only one. They can't be linked together into a single system.

You can still have that second system that covers that part of the house. But as you've already discovered, it would behave like a totally separate system, with its own Monitoring Service.

5 Messages

4 m ago

Thank you for your reply, Davey. I took the second base station with me today to see if I can set it up somewhere else but had the same problem. According to your technical support I have first to sign up for monitoring before I can see if me new equipment even works or has a problem. Obviuosly, I am not signing up if my base station does not want to connect to me phone and can't be set up. Can you help with that?

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

@amgisclair​ I can indeed - though the agent you spoke with is kind of right.

Keep in mind that when you first set up Monitoring Service, you do get the first month free, and you can cancel at any time over the phone. So there's no risk if you want to activate now.

However, when you get to the part of the process on the app where it asks if you want to activate, and if you refuse, you can still continue the setup with an unmonitored "plan".

You'll have access to your system's settings, and even the ability to arm or disarm. You just won't have access to certain features, like the unlimited camera recordings, and the 24/7 dispatch.

5 Messages

I understand all this and I finally got it to tell me whats wrong. When I try to connect the key with base station it says it is associated with another account. What can I do?

5 Messages

Yes, I understand this and I finally got it to tell me what's wrong. When trying to connect it says it can't be connected because the base station is connected to another account. What can I do?

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

Ah, okay. So it sounds like your system is actually already set up with service. If you log back into the app, you should be able to verify it under Menu > Plan & Billing.

For changes to your Monitoring Plan (including upgrades/downgrades), you'll have to give our Support team another call at 800-548-9508. We'll just need to verbally confirm your Safe Word passcode and we can make the change immediately.

5 Messages

No, it is not set up with my account. I will not set up anything until I know my equipment works. I don't know which account it is connected to.

6 Messages

4 m ago

I can offer no actual help for your issue, but can confirm that SimpliSafe customer service has always been rude.  I've only called them maybe four times in 2.5 years, but they are rude every time.  And hard to actually get them on the phone with long waiting times and the line often disconnects right after they finally answer.