Z

Sun, Dec 8, 2019 1:12 AM

Simplisafe App Disarmed System on its own.

Tonight I heard the simplicam click on and saw the blue blinking light. My wife and I were right beside each other and we are the only ones with the app, neither of us were even on our phones. The timeline said the camera recorded because the simplisafe app disarmed the system, but the system was not armed (the previous item on the timeline shows the system being disarmed) and neither of us were using the app.

I just set my system up two days ago.

How could this happen? I don't want my system being armed or disarmed randomly. How do I keep this from happening?

Advocate

• 

541 Messages

3年前

Did you hear the base station say alarm off or anything like that. And also you can go in your app and have it to where you have to punch in a code to open app, that way you cant accidentally have phone in pocket or something and open app. Not saying thats what happened but it could. But i never heard of the app just doing that if you can make sure that your not accidentally hit something on the phone to open app and pushing stuff then i qoukd call them.

34 Messages

3年前

One of you probably inadvertently triggered the app or the key fob.  Over the past 5 years I've owned 3 Simplisafe systems and never had any of them randomly arm or disarm itself.

2 Messages

3年前

It could not have been an accident.

I have the base station voice turned off, so it didn't say anything.

There is no possible way one of us inadvertently disarmed the system. Both apps are password protected and neither of us were even touching our phones, and the fob was on the counter in a different room where is had been all day.

Plus, it wasn't armed - the timeline shows it was disarmed when we got home hours earlier and was never armed again. How can an app disarm a system that is not armed, especially without one of us doing anything on the app or system. It is kind of freaking us out.

Does the system disarm if something needs to update?

1.3K Messages

3年前

Perhaps it was just some sort of delayed response from the earlier disarm.

Granted, I have SS2, but as well having two systems for some time now neither has ever changed arming states by itself.

Unfortunately, finding out with absolute certainty what happened in a single instance is practically impossible.

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

3年前

I was thinking a delay as well - check your timeline of events from the time you came home and disarmed, until the time the app apparently disarmed again - if there's a considerable delay between the two, there's your answer (also, if signed up for alerts, you should have received a phone text or push notification at the time you disarmed when you got home, did you receive that alert at the time?).

Advocate

• 

2.2K Messages

3年前

SS2 resets to Disarmed if it loses power (including the backup battery) and then gets power back.  Not sure if SS3 resets to the mode in effect when power is lost.

1 Message

3年前

We had this same thing happen about an hour ago. It was weird

6 Messages

A couple of days ago my system changed from home mode to away mode on its own in the middle of the night.

2 Messages

2年前

Mine is dong the same thing. disarming by app. And it was NOT armed! Getting a little concerned.  Does it during the day , many times at night when I am asleep so no chance I am touching the phone or anything else then when I get up keypad is no longer connected.  Support was suppose to call me back yesterday and did not.   They had been really good until this no call back.  Keypad will be disconnected when I get up will not reconnect and iif I remove battery I have to reconnect all the sensors.......a pain... .  This all started when I replaced the cell card.  This must have something to do with it!  Did you ever get yours resolved???