Steelick's profile

Fri, Mar 18, 2022 4:39 AM

Simplisafe App: Multiple Devices and Users

If you have multiple users that need to use the Simplisafe app, what is the best way to get this configured? Do we need to use the same login/e-mail to be configured on each mobile device/app? If so, would that be the main user with the master pin?

Accepted Solution

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

Il y a 5 m

Hi Steelick,

Yes, currently each account supports only single-user login. So you'll just have to log into every device with the same username (email address) and password.

Once you're logged in to the app, you'll want to head over to Menu > Manage Account > Multi-Factor Authentication, where you can set up multiple phone numbers. So the next time someone else in your group needs to log in, they can have the verification code sent to their own phone.

60 Messages

@davey_d​ Thank you, understood!

@davey_d​ I have two phone numbers added to the mult-factor authentication, but when logging it, it does not ask which phone number to send the code to.  it automatically sends it to the first phone number that was registered. 

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

Hi @shellinethercot ,

After you type in your username and password, you'll be shown to a page with the heading "Verify Your Identity". You should see your first phone number in the box (or rather, the last four digits of it). Tap that box, and you can select which number to send the confirmation code to.

2 Messages

Is Simplisafe working on making it possible to have multiple users? I want my kids to be able to check cameras and disarm but not change things. Having a single username and password is archaic and insecure. Is simplisafe working on improving and fixing this?

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

@Ifjom​ yes. When the feature is launched, we'll update the thread here.