dandydons's profile

Sun, Sep 27, 2020 9:55 AM

Simplisafe APP not working correctly - warning

Hi

Just a warning to watch if you refresh or save the app.

I have in away mode it set to 5 seconds on Entry and 10 seconds on exit.

I was in the app under general settings and checked if base station light was working.  I noticed then my entry delays had all changed.....

Looking further into it I checked that the entry settings are in the same page as the light so if you put on the light and save that page it saves everything.

The app is showing my entry and exit to 30 and 45 seconds so pushed that through (yes the app is up to date and refreshed and not set as old settings)

So I called SS and they changed it back.  Asked me to check it.

Dashboard on computer is 5 and 10.  
Keypad is 5 and 10
When activate countdown its right at 5 and 10

Android app is showing 30 and 45.   Even after refresh, clear cache, uninstall of app, reinstall of app.

I checked my wife's app.  She is on iPhone.   even worse..  AWAY is set to 0 and 0 on the iPhone.  comical.

SO SS have confirmed the app on the phone is not working right.  

We have in my example

System working fine 5 and 10
Keypad 5 and 10
dashboard 5 and 10

android app 30 and 45
iPhone app 0 and 0

so just be careful about saving anything as it might change your default settings and leave you with an entry in away mode much higher than you want it to be......

1 Message

Il y a 10 m

I have an android 6.0 phone and suddenly my phone app does not work. I sent email to company with no response. What is going on? Will not let me access from phone a0.sdk.internal.error.unknown? This app worked for years, what suddenly happened?

Advocate

• 

417 Messages

Il y a 10 m

@dnorwin,

See here https://simplisafe.com/forum/customer-support-forum/installing-and-using-simplisafe/app-login-issue for information that is likely relevant to you. Changes were made to certificate authorities beyond SImpliSafe's control that are almost certainly affecting your ability to access from a device running an OS that ancient.

That said, it's 100% on SimpliSafe if they haven't notified customers that there is a serious issue preventing their customers from accessing their app.

Advocate

• 

417 Messages

Il y a 10 m

@dnorwin,

Johnny M from SimpliSafe just made a post indicating they support Android 7 and higher:

https://simplisafe.com/forum/customer-support-forum/installing-and-using-simplisafe/simplisafe-app-no-longer-supp

My previous post may still be relevant for why it stopped working but I don't know that there's a fix for that specific issue if that's what broke the SimpliSafe device on your device.

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

Il y a 10 m

Hi Worthing,

You might be onto something in this particular case, since the SimpliSafe app does need to be updated to maintain security features. Unfortunately, if the user doesn't have Android 7 or later, they may no longer be receiving new updates to the app.

- Johnny M.
SimpliSafe Home Security