J

Fri, Jan 17, 2020 11:21 PM

SimpliSafe is neither simple nor safe

New version of base station.

Connected to wifi.

Unable to arm in Home or Away mode via iOS app or through webapp since 12/31. When armed at keypad, status is updated in webapp and iOS app.

Twenty plus minutes on hold w support and had to drop for a meeting.

If the web app fails to engage, the iOS app shouldn't need reinstalling, it is indicative of a fundamental issue.

This is a security product not a toy. It performs like a toy. If you're reading this thinking about purchasing a SimpliSafe system - do not.

Advocate

• 

636 Messages

3年前

One word, and you will, in all likelihood, be good to go - Troubleshooting.

2 Messages

3年前

One word: no.

Three days after mailing support I'm still unable to do anything remotely. Troubleshooting yields no results.

I realize I'm one in a sea of thousands, but this is a real problem. Customer service should be all over this, escalating internally, going through logs with a fine tooth comb. That the same behavior is exhibited by the webapp and the iOS app is indicative of a product-side issue vs. user error.

Security products must have robust support framework that can immediately mobilize and/or escalate to a satisfactory (working) solution in an expedient a way as possible. They fall massively short in this regard.

Advocate

• 

636 Messages

I have great empathy for your frustration and realize after rereading the problem, your issue with the lack of functionality (with the app) certainly falls on SimpliSafe. The solution cannot be solved, in this instance, by anyone but them.

I cannot imagine having to call Customer Service for help presently as it appears it is in shambles. Fortunately (and I use that word with caution and compassion), SS3 has been stable for me, and I have not had to call more than once in nearly two years of ownership. But for my sake, yours, and the company's many other customers, I do sincerely hope they get their issues sorted out.

1.2K Messages

3年前

Do you have another phone to test with?  It's not an IOS problem as my sons phone works fine, so do the 3 other android phones.

1st step, try another phone even if its a friends just for a quick test.  If it works, troubleshoot your phone.  If it does not, your account is the issue and contacting SS would be the only course of action.

Advocate

• 

636 Messages

3年前

Since DP confirmed the iOS app works (there were reports that the latest update was not working correctly), it falls on troubleshooting with SimpliSafe - as challenging as that might be to accomplish now, it is your only option.

3 Messages

3年前

Random question... Your subscription didn't expire or anything did it? It sounds like you only have read-only access to their API (their platform) via the Mobile App, and cannot make writes (i.e. changes)