K

Thu, Jan 10, 2019 12:03 AM

Closed

Simplisafe needs better Alexa integration

Needs to be able to be used in Alexa routines.  Works fine with Google Home routines.

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

Simplisafe and Alexa Routines

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

4 y ago

@ keropi, please confirm, you can use Google home assistant beyond just turning the alarm on? For example, I want to have my Echo lighting group of six lights turn on if there is an alarm state, in and out of the house.

22 Messages

So do I. I tried to do an applet in IFTTT, but that doesn't send instructions TOO Alexa, it will only receive instructions FROM Alexa.

I'd love to have as many lights as possible come blazing on if the alarm gets triggered!

23 Messages

Captain11,

I use Google Home integration with Smplisafe in the following ways:

1.)  When I say "I'm leaving", Google Home turns the lights off, turns the heat down, and sets Simplisafe to Away mode.
2.)  When I say "Good night", I have it do essentially the same thing, but with somewhat different lights and different temp, and Simplisafe gets set to Home mode.

This is not possible with Alexa routines (I have both Google Home and Alexa).

I have not tried to have Google home turn on lights during an alarm state.  Good idea, but not sure how I would go about setting that up...

22 Messages

4 y ago

Having said that, I appreciate that SS seems to be cautious in its approach with the echo. SS communications are highly encrypted and secure. I don't get that impression with the echo.

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

4 y ago

@keropi, thank you for your reply.  I would like to have my Echo just turn on my light group, and believe, eventually, SS will get around to it. Again, appreciate the information.