‎SimpliSafe not sending Verification Texts | SimpliSafe Support Home

M

Thursday, September 17th, 2020 2:29 PM

SimpliSafe not sending Verification Texts

For no reason, my second phone number set up for SMS Text alerts needed to be re-verified.  The verification from SimpliSafe is never sent to the phone.  The customer service/technical support folks can't fix this.  While attempting to fix it, they deleted my primary phone (without asking) and now it can't be verified for SMS Text alerts.    The phones are receiving SMS messages from ALL other systems and users.  This is a SimpliSafe issue and I am shocked at the poor customer service.   They actually had me delete the app on my phone to attempt to fix this issue.  I tried to tell them the app had nothing to do with a SMS verification from the simplisafe website but I ended up just humoring them so they would move onto the next step.  

I have been happy with SimpliSafe unitl now.  This is pathetic service!

Community Admin

• 

526 Messages

4 years ago

Hi @mikeandgina,

We send so many similar messages through that your provider's systems might have decided to slow down or block messages coming through. So we might sometimes ask you to reconfirm your contact to verify that it's still in use. Our engineering team is currently looking into the issues that some of our customers have been experiencing recently with regards to phone number verification.

In the meantime, while it may not be a perfect substitute, if you have a smart phone you might also want to switch to Push Notifications through the app. Those alerts go through the app directly, so you might find them more reliable than SMS!

SimpliSafe Social Team
SimpliSafe Home Security

16 Messages

Push is NOT the same as text. You won't get a push if your phone is off or doesn't have service. A text will come through when your phone is turned on/has service.

Stop suggesting this and FIX your problem.

1 Message

4 years ago

I have tried everything also! Still no text SMS ! They even sent me a new base, thought that may help but it didn't! Yes the app text works but I hope they fix the issue! Considering another security provider!

1 Message

4 years ago

I am a new user and having the same issue from the start. I cannot receive the verification messages and all the people on my notification list are on the same provider.  I get SMS messages from people I  don't want them from but can't get them from the one I need them from !
New to the Community? Get started by reading our Welcome Post.