whoaru99's profile

1.3K Messages

Tue, Dec 4, 2018 12:51 PM

SMS notifications - invalid phone number?

Trying to set up SMS messenging via the phone app but it doesn't like any phone number I've tried. Always comes up with "Invalid phone number" warning.

I select the proper carrier and put in known, working numbers I know have SMS capabilities.

What's the trick?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

708 Messages

Il y a 4 y

Have you signed up for one of the monitoring plans?  If not, not remote notifications.

1.3K Messages

Yeah, I have two monitored accounts/systems. Same happens when I try to set up SMS notifications on either one.

The push notifications work as they should, email notifications work, but can't get the SMS notification setup to accept any phone number I've tried.

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

Il y a 4 y

Try using the online web portal instead of your phone app, to input your SMS number.

If that doesn't work, call SS and they'll take care of it for you.

1.3K Messages

It worked using the online web portal.

Thanks for that suggestion!

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

Il y a 4 y

Good to hear!  I suggest the web portal because I hear so many complaints about the phone app - using the other seems to work 90% of the time :)

Just be sure to test it, go into test mode, test a sensor, make sure you get an SMS within seconds (and a call from monitoring, have safe word handy).  Or, just put system in Home mode, wait a moment, then turn the system in OFF mode, you should get an SMS of the event, (providing you set up your SMS in the online web portal to receive those certain alerts).

1.3K Messages

Il y a 4 y

SMS notification is confirmed working. I had the SO/GF change from Home to Off and back to Home. The SMS notifications showed up almost instantly (have all three notification types checked).