captain11's profile
Captain

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

Wed, Mar 4, 2020 6:35 PM

SS Help Center: Important Updates

This may be old news for many but is new to me.  The SS Help Center has an area for important updates!  Many have been asking this for years and its a bit hidden, but it's a start.  Add an area for software versions and information on them and you have the outline for a real Customer Resource Center. (CRC)

Here is the link, and the only post so far is the 2G phaseout and how SS is addressing it.  SS, good start, keep it going!

https://support.simplisafe.com/hc/en-us/categories/360001147252

Advocate

• 

2.2K Messages

2年前

I did not get my 3 systems recently and the linked document said they probably would need replacement.  So I called, and allegedly they are all already good to go (it was claimed that only the T-Mobile card is the one which needs to be replaced, and the Verizon cards are already CDMA/4G and should be just fine for several more years).  The rep offered to send me newer, 5G cards, but heck, if it ain't broke, why fix it?

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

2年前

^ That's exactly what I was told last year (bought mine in 2018), said it was already compatible, and was told that ALL SS3 systems were compatible, but apparently not.  Was also told that ONLY SS2 systems' modules would need to be replaced.  I too, declined a new one, as I assumed didn't need it when told it was already compatible.  

Wonder how their emails going out to people, are going.

I also noticed in the FAQ's, they have a new article about 2FA, but they still don't have it fixed. (their emphasis on allowing cookies/site data), DOES NOT FIX THE PROBLEM when it requires verification every single time you log in to the account page.  They know this, but why the h*** aren't they fixing it!  They stopped emailing me and asking the same questions over and over a week ago (a nearly 3 week conversation).  They shouldn't be putting up information articles without verifying them.

1.2K Messages

2年前

Pretty good FAQ really, looks like they covered all the usual posts that show up around here.