A

Mon, Mar 30, 2020 11:44 PM

System Arms By Itself

Recently had the system self ARM in AWAY mode while we were  at home.  Timeline indicated that the arming came from the master key FOB.  
It took us by complete surprise because the FOB is locked away in a drawer and used sparingly.  Any other user have the same happen to them?

Advocate

• 

2.2K Messages

2年前

You carry it in your pocket, right?  With keys and other stuff which can get jammed into the button?

5 Messages

2年前

No.  FOB was secured in a drawer.  We do not normally carry the FOB with us.

5 Messages

2年前

Should also mention that this happened out of the clear blue sky when we were at home quietly spending the evening reading. The thing just suddenly awakened, the green light went on, and it announced that it was arming like it had a mind of its own.  We immediately turned it off at the keypad.  We then armed/disarmed using the FOB and it worked just fine.  We really don't like the idea of a security system that does things on its own.  In fact, earlier in the year I downloaded a new update.  During the download the darn thing placed a PANIC call and local police came knocking on my door.  This was sometime around midnight so it was quite the surprise.  I chaulked it up to the download, but who knows.  Reported the problem, but have heard nothing from tech support.  Just as most comments I've seen criticize tech support it also happened to us.  The response center people were more helpful, but again they have no means to trace a problem.  I was advised to let them know when a new update was ready to be uploaded.  That way I can request they ignore any calls from the system for up to 1/2 hour while the update is in progress.  It's good advice.