I

Sun, Feb 2, 2020 2:26 PM

Telephone support

I have been a Simplisafe user for 5 years and now use the most current system.  I have begun to have issues with the system and I am very disappointed that I cannot get through on the telephone for help.  Sometimes you just need a live person on the phone to help troubleshoot issues.  Two different times I have sat on hold for over an hour to then be disconnected before getting anyone..  Has Simplisafe grown to the point that they cannot service their current customers?  I have an entry door sensor that no longer communicates with the system.  I have changed the batteries in it as well as the keypad and the basestation.  The sensor does have a blue light when I open the door, but no tone now and the keypad says it is not connected????  What next?  I have always been happy with this system, until now and cannot get help.....anyone else have these issues?

1 Message

3 y ago

Me too! I'm a brand new customer who needs to speak to a human to help with a couple of issues and when I call NOBODY is there. Makes me if I made the wrong decision to purchase this system!! So frustrated. I've sent emails with no response either.

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

3 y ago

@aquiltercsg this past week hold times have been all over the place, from what you described to just a few minutes.  I suggest you try during the super bowl today, as call volume may be lower (I am having a super bowl party but could are less about the game itself). if not today, try tomorrow at 9am eastern.

All of my entry sensors are fine, you may want to try swapping one that you know works and see what result you get. If it works, try putting the one that didn't work at the other's location. Also, try a rebooting of the base (unplug, take the batteries out, reverse the steps.

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

3 y ago

^ Can also try moving the base station closer to the sensor.  If nothing works, you'll need to get it replaced - as Captain suggests, call first thing when they open in the morning, also press #1 for sales, they tend to answer sooner.

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

3 y ago

valrnlfp, email responses have been hit or miss (99% miss, they won't respond) - call in the morning, 9 am (ET), press #1 for sales.