coltmaster1's profile
Advocate

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

Tue, Nov 3, 2020 2:24 AM

Thanks for the new login screwup, Simplisafe, again

Why'd ya have to go and screw up the forum login again!  Could ya maybe just leave things alone if they aren't broken?

Remember when I notified you of this problem wayyyyy back in February, and after numerous emails back and forth with Emily, you guys still couldn't fix the problem?  It's November now, and the problem is back. Well, that is, it was never fixed.

To avoid the monotonous, annoying email verifications with every single login (forum, OR user account/dashboard), I used the following link to log in to the forum (thanks to that little tip from that sloshed spheniscidae - formerly known as drunk penguin aka deleteme) : https://simplisafe.com/user/login?destination=forum

Using that link, I never had to verify email just to access the forum, but still have to RE-log in and RE-verify email if using the drop-down menu from the forum to "view account".  Why?  Because you guys never fixed it.  I asked you repeatedly, please, for the love of god, how about ONE login for the entire site and the forum, just ONE!  How about a link from the dashboard page directly to the forum, which myself and others have asked for since 2018.  How about the ability to have ONE login, to go back and forth between the forum and account page, and back, without having to.....you know, LOG IN OVER AND VERIFY OVER AND OVER.  10 months now, can you stop messing with the login pages, be consistent about it, and require only one darned login site-wide?  

And no, I've already been through this countless of times:
I have no extensions that would prohibit normal login behavior.
My antivirus program isn't interfering.
I don't manually delete my cache every day.
SS and it's apps are already allowed/whitelisted, as are cookies.
Firefox is up-to-date, it's on auto. (It happens in Edge as well).
I have multiple session 'keys' as logins on my dashboard, it's never the same key, ever, so there's no reason this should be happening.  
I have one device, the same device I've been using for half a century elsewhere on the planet.
SS is the only site that gives me grief on an almost daily basis.

When are you going to fix this?

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

Il y a 2 y

An acknowledgement, SS, that you're aware of this and can offer a fix would be nice.

1 Message

Il y a 2 y

ditto

13 Messages

Il y a 2 y

I second the request.        

I don't visit the site often, but today had been an exercise in frustration, to say the least.

1 Message

Il y a 2 y

I have downloaded and reloaded and turned off phone and checked for phone blocking for 2 days and still can't access mobile app together up camera. F##k ss.

1 Message

Il y a 1 a

When trying to login, either here or in the main website, it kept recycling me with repeated emails. I gest this was never fixed?