D

Thu, Sep 9, 2021 1:17 AM

The smartphone crApp is thoroughly obnoxious

Fix your busted-ass phone crApp that suddenly started dunning me for a password every day.  fTaze the programmer that did this crime.

Advocate

• 

108 Messages

1年前

I just tried the app on my Android phone (and I haven't opened the app in probably a week) and it did not prompt for a password.

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

1年前

Thanks for reporting, dave65535.

I would be happy to pass this on to our dev team to investigate, but it would help to have more info. Are you using the Android version of the app, or the iOS version? Are you updated to the latest version of the app? Knowing your device and OS version info would be helpful for replicating the issue as well.

- Johnny M.
SimpliSafe Home Security

4 Messages

1年前

Thank you.  This is the Android version, 4.1.0, running on a Spamstung Galaxy A51 running Android version 11.  This bucket of bolts keeps itself updated and I have not rooted it.

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

1年前

Thanks, dave65535.

Do you remember how long this issue has been happening? We might be able to track it to a specific app version.

Also, do you have adBlockers or other security software installed? Clearly something is messing with the login token, and there might have been a recent change on your phone that's causing the undesired interaction. Since we're not seeing a widespread issue like this, we're inclined to think it's something specific to your device or account.

- Johnny M.
SimpliSafe Home Security

4 Messages

1年前

Thanks, this has been ongoing for maybe 2 weeks.  I have had Brave Browser on the phone for a long time, but no other systemwide adblocker or other special software.