pat_55's profile

Fri, Dec 31, 2021 11:41 AM

Unwanted "Disarmed by Remote"

Several times at 5:04am, my alarm has been :"disarmed by remote".    I am not doing this.  I changed all my passwords and this continues to happen.  Not every morning. but 2-3 times per week at 5:04am.  What is causing this?  How can I prevent it?

23 Messages

Il y a 7 m

Hmm... I have no other suggestions to tell you except for the fact that someone might've had unauthorised access to your Simplisafe app. When you posted that you have changed "all the passwords", does that include your Simplisafe app password? If you do use the SS app, I suggest that you change the password. If that doesn't help, at the most I would suggest that you call SS support at 1-888-910-1215. They're open every day, from 8:00am – Midnight, ET. 

Wish you all the best and a Happy New Year!

-tech_aiden

Advocate

• 

635 Messages

Il y a 7 m

TEST

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

Il y a 7 m

Hi pat_55,

This is definitely very concerning, and a bit of a puzzle. Are you seeing any other events appear on your Timeline? Perhaps a power outage?

I suspect that it's the Base Station sending a signal with the latest status to our server. So you'd only get the "Alarm Off" signal if the system was already disarmed.

But the actual problem here might be that your Base Station's batteries are not charging properly, which is resulting in the unit fully shutting down and rebooting whenever the power fluctuates - which would explain why this happened for you multiple times at the same time of day. If that's the case, then we'd suggest opening up the bottom of your Base Station and inspecting the rechargeable AA NiMHs in there. You might need to replace them.