coltmaster1's profile
Advocate

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

Fri, Nov 19, 2021 3:24 AM

(Update - no resolve) - Forum login is SNAFU'd again

I haven't logged in or been to the forum for several months, and part of the reason why is the screwed up login, this makes for about the 6th, 8th  time - I've lost count -  since I brought it up in November of LAST YEAR, that the forum login just keeps redirecting to.... the damned login page.  I can get to my online ACCOUNT after authenticating, but getting to the forum to LOG IN, is a lesson in futility and quite frankly, I'm done with it.  There are already a few posts on this on the forum about this issue, there have been email discussions, and even a phone call or two - to no avail.  

Using the link at top right of forum, to log in, goes to the login page, which requires email authentication, which then verifies, and then takes you directly to your account.  But, using the link at top right of forum to log in to the forum, does what exactly?  Takes you to the login page, which requires email authentication, which verifies, then takes you to your account page.  Ad nauseum!  Give me a simple link to the forum that will log me in TO THE FORUM and NOT THE DASHBOARD ACCOUNT when I enter my username and password (you used to have that link but like the search function, you took that away and replaced it with a non-functional webapp login).  You don't need authentication for a silly forum, ever.

I have asked before, and I will ask again, for the last time:

Put a working link to the forum on every single user account dashboard page, so that when a user is already logged in to their online dashboard, they will ALREADY BE LOGGED INTO THE FORUM (because using the same url window/tab, and typing in the forum window, results in requiring to log in, authenticate, verify, go back to account, are you getting this yet?).  Or, require only username/password to login to the forum, a forum does NOT need authentication.  No one should have to log into the forum separately if they're already logged in to their account. You have a webapp that is not consistent with the account login vs the forum login, I've asked countless of times to fix this, and all I get from simplisafe is "we're not able to replicate your issue" - which isn't true, there are posts on the forum where others have the same issue.

Don't ask me to "clear my cookies", or "clear my cache", or "add simplisafe" to my allowed list, done it all before.  I have no ad blockers.  I'm on Firefox (it's always updated), all I ask is to fix this and make ONE login consistent with the account AND the forum, NO separate logins, the forum login doesn't need authentication!

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

Il y a 9 m

@coltmaster1 its official. A new forum in coming, ETA by end of year. Davey  announced it in another thread last month. Hang in there.

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

Il y a 9 m

I know, Captain, but they're dead set on their crazy webapp already, that's the problem.  

P.S. I miss you guys :)

3 Messages

Kind of funny, I cant log out!!

I noticed this issue for me as well, I was finally able to get logged in by going to a thread, clicking reply, then logging in there.

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

Il y a 9 m

Hi coltmaster1,

I think I speak for a few regulars around here by saying we've missed you too!
As the Captain says, the new Community platform is already coming along nicely, and I can tell you that the problem you're having now won't be ported over to it. We just ask for your patience as we get it ready.

- Davey D.
Community Development Manager
SimpliSafe Home Security

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

Il y a 9 m

Davey, THANK YOU SO MUCH, I'm thrilled to hear that!  

Just for reference, as we speak, I decided to use Edge with private browsing to login to the forum, so far, it worked, it didn't even take me to the account dashboard, was able to get directly into the forum, woo-hoo!   - So, I'm willing to proceed with this method in the interim if it doesn't change and until the new forum platform is ready.

Again, THANK YOU for hearing me out and responding so quickly :)

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

Il y a 9 m

Spoke too soon.  This method (Edge, private browsing) didn't work today (took over 8 attempts, all failed, I gave up). Should have known better because it doesn't matter what browser is being used.

Tried Firefox (private browsing) again, and it finally worked again, but this is so damned inconsistent it's pathetic.

Sorry guys, (and Davey D), I really miss you guys and the community stuff, but I won't be back until this problem has been fixed, my patience has been tested to the max and I don't have time to deal with this every single time I want to access the forums - shouldn't have to attempt dozens of times just to even have the ability to post this!

:(